Donald Trump

While I agree there is no-one clamoring for someone else in particular, I have concerns that the large black, esp female, voter turnout that propelled Joe to the Oval is much more ambivalent this time because they’ve been hurt more than most by inflation and the rising cost of rent & food.

Their imperatives seem to be more immediate, and concrete, than the notion that democracy is on the line.

Believe me, I hope Joe wins hands down and Trump is in jail on Election Day, but I’m not feeling very confident of either narrative today!
Fair point.

"Be quiet in court"

"NO!!"

Obviously not playing with a full deck, have they no contempt laws they could lob him in nick for?

It appears the various trial judges are all giving him the longest amount of rope possible because they are desperate to avoid any allegations that could lead to a mistrial on appeal.

They know how important this is, so if it means ceding some ground and letting him abuse the court without hinderance to guarantee Trump gets his punishment then long-term it will pay dividends.

I 100% believe Engoron is going to absolutely obliterate Trump and his businesses in his ruling and he will be able to cite a long list of instances where Trump has contravened the orders of the court, making any appeals entirely frivolous and easy to chuck out.

It appears the various trial judges are all giving him the longest amount of rope possible because they are desperate to avoid any allegations that could lead to a mistrial on appeal.

They know how important this is, so if it means ceding some ground and letting him abuse the court without hinderance to guarantee Trump gets his punishment then long-term it will pay dividends.

I 100% believe Engoron is going to absolutely obliterate Trump and his businesses in his ruling and he will be able to cite a long list of instances where Trump has contravened the orders of the court, making any appeals entirely frivolous and easy to chuck out.
Agree. His lawyers will be in for a kicking as well.

Agree. His lawyers will be in for a kicking as well.

I read some of his lawyer Kise’s emails to the judge from the docket last night… fuck me. He’s gonna get an absolute shoeing.

Also he doesn’t capitalise any of his words. Something that is hard to do even if you are trying these days with the advent of autocorrect. Bizarre.

I read some of his lawyer Kise’s emails to the judge from the docket last night… fuck me. He’s gonna get an absolute shoeing.

Also he doesn’t capitalise any of his words. Something that is hard to do even if you are trying these days with the advent of autocorrect. Bizarre.
His lawyer is e.e. cummings and I claim my £5!

The last Republican president won fewer votes than his opponent and was still elected, and the one before him (GW Bush) also lost the popular vote the first time around. Biden won the 2020 election by about 7 million votes (about 4.5%) but if Trump had won about 100,000 more votes distributed in the right places, he could have won. Yes it turned out fine in 2020, but it's hardly a foolproof system when it comes to kicking out an unpopular president - or ensuring one doesn't get elected in the first place.

Unlike in the US it's not possible in practice for a party that isn't the largest to win a parliamentary majority in the UK (though it would be in theory), but I wouldn't describe it as especially fair - you can get a healthy parliamentary majority with about a third of the overall vote, as Labour did in 2005. That isn't fair in my eyes. Whatever other problems there might be with PR, at least it's more democratic.

Same as Regan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.