Donald Trump

Trump scoring highly across the demographics so unless things change dramatically in New Hampshire, which as of now appears unlikely, a procession to the coronation in Milwaukee is on the cards.

From an outsider's perspective, Trump is more attractive than Biden. I don't understand why the Democrats are making Biden run in 2024. He looks so old. Isn't California governor Gavin Newsom a better choice?

Is there a consideration that Newsom is a strong candidate for the Democrats, but 2024 is not a good time for him to run because of the chaos during Biden's term, which will be considered as a debt on Newsom, potentially leading to his failure? Once he fails, his image in the eyes of voters will be greatly discounted. The Democrats may hope to have Newsom run in 2028, when the situation will be much easier for him.

From an outsider's perspective, Trump is more attractive than Biden. I don't understand why the Democrats are making Biden run in 2024. He looks so old. Isn't California governor Gavin Newsom a better choice?

As an outsider too I would have thought Biden is more attractive than a criminal with a severe personality disorder and no regard whatsoever for democracy? I was going to say unless Biden is senile but US democracy has seemingly shown in recent history that it can cope with an unwell president whereas I'm not sure it can cope with a second Trump term.

Is there a consideration that Newsom is a strong candidate for the Democrats, but 2024 is not a good time for him to run because of the chaos during Biden's term, which will be considered as a debt on Newsom, potentially leading to his failure? Once he fails, his image in the eyes of voters will be greatly discounted. The Democrats may hope to have Newsom run in 2028, when the situation will be much easier for him.
What chaos?

Are you referring to the Republicans refusing to legislate in the House? Congress managed to pass just 27 bills in 2023, which is the least number of bills passed since the Great Depression. None of that is on Biden. Biden has actually done okay under the circumstances.

Newsome 2028 is a good shout, but if Trump gets back in next year it might not even matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.