Donald Trump

I'm optimistic that MAGA will not win in 2024 and will in fact experience massive losses. I think that Biden will retain the Presidency and that Democrats will take both the House and Senate.

As for the Presidency, this hinges on a felony criminal conviction against Trump prior to the 2024 election - I think that this will occur.

As far as Democrats taking both the House and Senate - this is going to happen I think, because savvy state Democratic operatives will seek to place abortion rights measures alongside the general 2024 election. This will result in numerous voters showing up and then rejecting anti-abortion measures while meanwhile voting Democrat down the line.
I thought along the same lines until I realised just how unpopular Biden has become over the past 4 years. For a start, he's completely lost pretty much all Muslim votes due to his failure to condemn the attrocities going on in Gaza. Immigration is wildly out of control and the poorer members of society are struggling to put food on the table. Not all Biden's fault of course but it's on his watch and many are too stupid to see through the Trump lies that he will fix it in an instant.

I think Trump vs Biden is a slam dunk massive victory for Trump, unless unless he's in prison which maybe might - clutching at straws here - make enough people wake up and think WTF we cannot have this crooked loon running the country.

I thought along the same lines until I realised just how unpopular Biden has become over the past 4 years. For a start, he's completely lost pretty much all Muslim votes due to his failure to condemn the attrocities going on in Gaza. Immigration is wildly out of control and the poorer members of society are struggling to put food on the table. Not all Biden's fault of course but it's on his watch and many are too stupid to see through the Trump lies that he will fix it in an instant.

I think Trump vs Biden is a slam dunk massive victory for Trump, unless unless he's in prison which maybe might - clutching at straws here - make enough people wake up and think WTF we cannot have this crooked loon running the country.
You are right to call out Bidens poor ratings as a concern. Biden never got the popularity bounce that new presidents get. But then none have run against as ass hole like Trump.

It's very much uncharted territory. But a couple of things stand out to me. The GOP are in a mess at state level across the country, they haven't had a good election night since 2016, they have terrible candidates and little money. Abortion rights are a huge thing and the GOP are on the wrong side of it.

He could wreak havoc in 4 minutes.

Regarding the sorting of woes, is there anybody capable of straddling the world stage and bringing a semblance of peace to the current major conflicts? They seem fairly intractable to me.

That said, I never thought Paisley and McGuinness would sit opposite one another in the NI Assembly. So maybe there is hope.

If Trump does become POTUS, let’s hope there are enough “adults in the room” to temper his idiocy.
Not a chance.

The adults in the room last time tried to keep him on an even keel. Trump didn't like it, and the adults were generally dispensed with.

I'm not sure Trump is going to make the same mistake next time. There simply won't be any adults in the room.

I am just hoping and praying that he gets convicted of crimes and then enough neutrals think they will have to support Haley. It's the only hope, barring someone shooting the ****.

I am genuinely worried for the safety of humanity if this derranged lunatic gets back in the whitehouse. Combine his narcissistic personality disorder which makes him think he has an IQ of 200 when actually its about 80, with the power to launch nuclear attacks on e.g. Iran or North Korea and we would be entering a very, very dangerous phase in human history.
He’s more likely to form an alliance with Iran, Russia and North Korea and nuke Ukraine.

If he gets elected and pardons himself, Trudy and others are they still liable for the millions their victims have been awarded??

It's worth remembering, amidst the hysteria and worry, that this buffoon was president before and was unable to get any of his hateful policies off the ground. The US is a democracy, fundamentally; any notion of the Tanned One imposing his fascist sensibilities will be met with firm resistance.

The only concern will be his stance on Russia/Ukraine. But becoming a Putin bedfellow will be impossible because, again, those around him will resist and tell him to get his addled head out of the clouds.

the republicans are using rope-a-dope tactics, trump does not have a credible challenger.... so the band plays on

Not a chance.

The adults in the room last time tried to keep him on an even keel. Trump didn't like it, and the adults were generally dispensed with.

I'm not sure Trump is going to make the same mistake next time. There simply won't be any adults in the room.
Sadly, you’re right. It was heartening to see Biden win on write-ins yesterday. Maybe I’m being too pessimistic and the tide will change as we get closer to November.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.