Donald Trump

People have been fooled for way too long.. and currently dems are fighting over peas and carrots instead of steak while the Republicans are quietly playing the long game just like they did with Trump.. they got what they wanted SCOTUS 6/3 to do what they wanted and their next step is overriding democracy and going full authoritarianism!
I agree with your post but I'd add this -- there's no "long game"; the focus of the GOP isn't power, authoritarianism, etc. -- it's employment; namely their own. The vast, vast majority of them know this is all horrible but they are so afraid of countering it because it will cost them their jobs if they do. MAGA fanatics will primary them. Every one who's dared to speak out has been purged. Anyone who breathed the word "compromise" with Democrats in order to accimplish anything has been cast out. That's the power of the cult. That's why the central problem is cowardice. It's why Liz Cheney is right about the shame that will stick with them forever.

Some of his dumb supporters blamed Obama for 9/11, and at the time Trump just bragged about having the tallest building in Lower Manhattan after the WTC buildings came down. He wouldn’t give a flying fuck about hundreds of foreign troops dying in military action to support the US in the aftermath. In fact he’d consider them suckers and losers like he did with his own countrymen who have died in service of their country over the years. How anyone could even consider voting for that piece of shit is totally beyond me and that applies whoever the alternative is.
Trump also scandalously lied that he'd seen Muslims cheering and dancing in the streets of Jersey City after the 9/11 attacks despite him being in New York all that day. Independent news stations and Jersey City police confirmed that never happened but MAGA idiots still believe it did.

I agree with your post but I'd add this -- there's no "long game"; the focus of the GOP isn't power, authoritarianism, etc. -- it's employment; namely their own. The vast, vast majority of them know this is all horrible but they are so afraid of countering it because it will cost them their jobs if they do. MAGA fanatics will primary them. Every one who's dared to speak out has been purged. Anyone who breathed the word "compromise" with Democrats in order to accimplish anything has been cast out. That's the power of the cult. That's why the central problem is cowardice. It's why Liz Cheney is right about the shame that will stick with them forever.
Agree and what so many don't realise is how many decent (relative) republicans have given up on the party. At grassroots level it's a shit show. The MAGA types just assume the votes are there for them. Politics in the US is about money and building a broad base of support at all levels. One feeding the other. The GOP had the upper hand in both for decades but MAGA is burning through that traditional support base in favour of the lunatic fringe. But once Trump is gone who is going to hold it together.

Trump also scandalously lied that he'd seen Muslims cheering and dancing in the streets of Jersey City after the 9/11 attacks despite him being in New York all that day. Independent news stations and Jersey City police confirmed that never happened but MAGA idiots still believe it did.

The human mind has an incredible capacity to deceive itself.

Thing is people prey upon that.

FFS just look at how many people and media channels hate City for no reason other than jealousy.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.