Donald Trump

NY AG asks Trump civil fraud judge to declare $175M bond ‘without effect’

New York attorney general’s office has asked a judge to void the $175 million bond former President Trump secured to put off paying the larger monetary damage award in his civil fraud case.

State lawyers said in court filings Friday that the former president and his co-defendants — the Trump Organization and its top executives, including his two eldest sons — failed to prove the surety Trump used to obtain the bond actually has the money to back it.

They also say the defendants did not show that “sufficiently secure and ascertainable” collateral backs the bond.

—————

who-would-have-thought-neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

NY AG asks Trump civil fraud judge to declare $175M bond ‘without effect’

New York attorney general’s office has asked a judge to void the $175 million bond former President Trump secured to put off paying the larger monetary damage award in his civil fraud case.

State lawyers said in court filings Friday that the former president and his co-defendants — the Trump Organization and its top executives, including his two eldest sons — failed to prove the surety Trump used to obtain the bond actually has the money to back it.

They also say the defendants did not show that “sufficiently secure and ascertainable” collateral backs the bond.

—————

who-would-have-thought-neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

When Engoron voids the bond on Monday (as it feels like this is almost a certainty), he will get another week to find a replacement. In that respect this fiasco has done its job of delaying proceedings. No doubt he’ll find the next business that will go in to bat for him and the whole thing will play out again.

From the state’s perspective I get the difficulties here. Seizing assets is expensive, a bond is far cleaner. There is also the risk that if the appeal is successful in reducing the value of the judgment then resorting to taking property could cause a certain amount of irreparable harm that James will want to avoid. It’s not a great look if the government seize half a billion worth of properties and then the judgment is reduced and they have to give some or all of them back. However unlikely I think that might be, as state prosecutors they have to consider that anything they do can be undone on a successful appeal.

The whole thing is annoying. The state knows Trump is cash poor and so if they don’t get a bond then they’re taking property which is messy. This allows Trump to fuck them around seemingly without consequence.

At some point the rubber is going to have to meet the road, and they’re going to have to accept that Trump is not going to offer them a clean resolution. At which point they need to go into Westchester and start putting cordons around the 18th green.

nothing has amazed me more in as long as I can remember than the orange narcissist **** bastard surviving the first month of his presidency, never mind being in a position to run again

It’s wild when you think about it. President of the US has one of the highest mortality rates of any job at 9%. They have more guns than people. Mentally disturbed mass shooters are coming out of the woodwork a few times a week at this point - clearly more than the CIA or national security at large can keep tabs on. You’d think every president would be at enormous risk every time they step outside, that goes for both Biden and Trump who are probably each hated equally by the other side.

How Trump has survived 8 years of doing public rallies without some maverick deciding it’s the end of the road for him frankly astounds me.

It’s wild when you think about it. President of the US has one of the highest mortality rates of any job at 9%. They have more guns than people. Mentally disturbed mass shooters are coming out of the woodwork a few times a week at this point - clearly more than the CIA or national security at large can keep tabs on. You’d think every president would be at enormous risk every time they step outside, that goes for both Biden and Trump who are probably each hated equally by the other side.

How Trump has survived 8 years of doing public rallies without some maverick deciding it’s the end of the road for him frankly astounds me.
Because one of the benefits of the internet is being able to lambast those with whom you disagree without any consequences or all the bother of preparing, buying things and the potential inconvenience of the electric chair?

The fun starts tomorrow. Despite the Trump tactics of delay delay delay his trial proper begins with opening statements. Then a contempt hearing on Tuesday.
Roll up, roll up, all the fun of the fair.

Surprise surprise. Trump has filed an emergency motion that he cannot have a fair jury in New York. Er….this was rejected about a week ago but somehow Trump team think the facts have changed. YCNMIU.

Surprise surprise. Trump has filed an emergency motion that he cannot have a fair jury in New York. Er….this was rejected about a week ago but somehow Trump team think the facts have changed. YCNMIU.
I've just finished watching the OJ doc and what staggered me was how partisan the jury was, I thought selection of jurors was as disparate as possible to avoid any potential favouritism or preconceptions; is this an issue unique to the US? How exactly are their jurors selected?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.