Donald Trump

It's a unique case. I'd agree most 1st time white collar crimes don't equal jail time but there are 3 factors that come in:

1 he has been the worst possible defendant in terms of disrespecting the court.

2 this was part of a range of illegality and others have gone to jail for their part. It's also high stakes given the election.

3 given the choice and given 1 above why would you waste the opportunity to lock him up. He is going to appeal anyway and the worst that could happen is it gets reduced on appeal.
The biggest factor will be if he shows contrition, which is unlikely given his character.. Will he encourage his followers to stop their sabre rattling? I think there may be a split sentence, ie a short period of confinement followed by a longer period of probation. Mind you he’ll love playing the martyr. “I am a political prisoner.”
There will come a time when he gets a serious jail sentence. The documents case is no small matter and if Fani Willis secures a conviction in the Rico case, America can finally wipe the dog shit from its boots.

Narcissists cannot show contrition because they cannot accept that they are wrong. This is Donald's Achilles-heel: he cannot accept guilt, he cannot accept loss, so he passes blame on to everyone around him. He recruits 'the best people' but when he fails, it is because one of these recruits has failed, and is disloyal, or dishonest. He is a dangerous, dangerous man because of this narcissism and the willingness of many to accept conspiracy theory as fact. When he creates those conspiracy theories to deflect from fault, his followers believe it, and democracy, law, and the judiciary have all been damaged.

Last edited:
Slightly off main topic, but I didn't realise that judges were a political appointment in America. It will always give plenty of leeway for the conspiracy theories .

Slightly off main topic, but I didn't realise that judges were a political appointment in America. It will always give plenty of leeway for the conspiracy theories .
They aren't technically 'political' appointments, other than the the fact that they are appointed by one party or the other, and that the judge themselves may have or have been a member of a particular party. They are supposed to follow the law, irrespective of political opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.