Donald Trump

The biggest factor will be if he shows contrition, which is unlikely given his character.. Will he encourage his followers to stop their sabre rattling? I think there may be a split sentence, ie a short period of confinement followed by a longer period of probation. Mind you he’ll love playing the martyr. “I am a political prisoner.”
There will come a time when he gets a serious jail sentence. The documents case is no small matter and if Fani Willis secures a conviction in the Rico case, America can finally wipe the dog shit from its boots.
There seem to be plenty within the Republican party that don't want to remove the dog shit from their shoes. I heard an interview with someone from Republicans in the UK (or similar) over the weekend and he was critical of the court judgement not of the corrupt clown in the dock.

In sum, I think that the guilty verdict slightly hurts Trump's chances for reelection.

If elected President, Trump will pardon himself for all federal crimes - and with regard to state crimes, we're in uncharted territory; it's untenable that a sitting President serve jail time for a state offence.

The biggest factor will be if he shows contrition, which is unlikely given his character.. Will he encourage his followers to stop their sabre rattling? I think there may be a split sentence, ie a short period of confinement followed by a longer period of probation. Mind you he’ll love playing the martyr. “I am a political prisoner.”
There will come a time when he gets a serious jail sentence. The documents case is no small matter and if Fani Willis secures a conviction in the Rico case, America can finally wipe the dog shit from its boots.
He has to go through a pre sentence report. Basically an interview with someone from the court staff. It's the part of a process where ability to pay fines or implications of a jail sentence are discussed and laid out for a judge.

I can't envisage Trump being civil.

So I keep coming back to my points and think his conduct will be appalling. And why would the judge give up an opportunity to punish him. There is no real downside for the judge in giving him a 2 year jail term. Worst is it gets overturned at appeal.

Ps. I know its unlikely - but I just don't see why the judge would go lightly.

He has to go through a pre sentence report. Basically an interview with someone from the court staff. It's the part of a process where ability to pay fines or implications of a jail sentence are discussed and laid out for a judge.

I can't envisage Trump being civil.

So I keep coming back to my points and think his conduct will be appalling. And why would the judge give up an opportunity to punish him. There is no real downside for the judge in giving him a 2 year jail term. Worst is it gets overturned at appeal.

Ps. I know its unlikely - but I just don't see why the judge would go lightly.

Wouldn't it just allow Trump to claim victimisation by the judge more (if there is such a thing as 'more')?

Wouldn't it just allow Trump to claim victimisation by the judge more (if there is such a thing as 'more')?
Yeah but he does that anyway. It's basically up to the judge if Trump walks free and continues to claim the judge and prosecution was corrupt.

Or lock him up for up to 4 years where Trumo will claim the judge and prosecution was corrupt.

Trump's behaviour will be disgraceful whatever outcome. If I'm the judge I'm getting my response in first.

If anything he could be under house arrest he is still entitled to secret service protection how the fuck would that work in prison!

There seem to be plenty within the Republican party that don't want to remove the dog shit from their shoes. I heard an interview with someone from Republicans in the UK (or similar) over the weekend and he was critical of the court judgement not of the corrupt clown in the dock.
Rick Scott, Tomm Cotton, Marco Rubio... Take your pick. Republican lawmakers were queuing up to go on the Sunday shows and claim that Trump's conviction was a politically motivated sham, and completely corrupt.

Rick Scott, Tomm Cotton, Marco Rubio... Take your pick. Republican lawmakers were queuing up to go on the Sunday shows and claim that Trump's conviction was a politically motivated sham, and completely corrupt.

Criticise Trump and be hammered in the 2028 Republican contest. Trumps will likely still control the party.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.