Donald Trump

It's not about being 'dramatic', Chicago. Is it not about being sheep herded into voting against a collective interest with false choice? Where's the 'democracy' in not platforming a political argument/ voice that doesn't comply with centrist warring/ fleecing?

If “We, the People” wanted 8 parties, we could have them, and there have been some interesting 3rd party candidates, but in America, SCOTUS has deemed money to be “free speech.” More accurately, the money used to project a viewpoint is considered essential to allowing free speech.

That’s not the MSM’s fault, but they do report it.
You're, obviously, not bothered by the need to squeeze money for war and not the citizen. To say the MSM aren't the issue just absolves them of complicity!

This is where I have problems with discussions on here (and not just you, specifically…your first comment, which serves as the foundation of the point you want to make, is an unjustified leap and characterization that poisons the tree from which you seek to extract the fruit.

I have not expressed what does and doesn’t bother me, because I haven’t poured my heart and soul out onto BM on these issues, so please don’t pretend to understand, or encapsulate, my complex feelings in a sound bite that suits your own personal purpose. It helps no-one, least of all you, because you CANNOT know.

I have my own feelings about the $1Trillion military budget and the level (and make-up) of social services in America, regardless of foreign aid to Ukraine or Israel or anyone else. It’s not a simplistic either-or question.

I'll agree with you (as you with me reflectively in your response) the two horse system is done and no longer reflects the wider nation. Isn't it true your forefathers did NOT want a two party system (British politics being the influence)? So how did it arrive as such? People are tired of these politics where they have no true say.

I don’t believe the two horse system is done and the lack of critical mass reached by any third party alternative in 2024 proves this, regardless of your understanding (or reflection) of my views.

Again, you’ve assumed you know my forefathers now. Stick to what you know and support it with evidence, rather than telling me who I am and what I believe, obviously or upon reflection, and you’d do much better having a two way communication of worth.

Are we not seeing the end of many centrist govs in Europe?

Why is the question.

We might be, but I’m not sure it has anything to do with anything under discussion by me.

I think nationalism is on the rise because economic malaise during a period of demonization of “other” is a powerful, almost primal, pretext for anger…even when there is no cause and effect established.

Humans are simple creatures, yet have such complex emotions, which can often be easily manipulated.

Dad lost his job.
Immigration is up dramatically.
The High Street looks very different.
I know why Dad lost his job.

Really???

Pendulums swing and politicians (and evil) seeks to exploit the weakness that comes from those swings.

People with intelligence, conscience and beliefs are not easily swayed by the manipulators, but they’re both impossible to miss and hard to not be affected by.

Donald Trump is a perfect example of this.

To any sane, rational person, he looks and sounds like a buffoon, but bring enough manipulation to bear in the pursuit of elevating him in the consciousness of mostly dimple, poorly educated people with a weak belief structure and you can manufacture a President…possibly twice!

Simple and complex in the same moment about the same issue, which is why the human animal can be such a conundrum.

Be well, Find peace. Enjoy it.

You appear to have multiple areas of angst in your life, but if you relieve yourself of the burden of having to fix them yourself (or for others), I think you might find both greater balance on issues of importance and greater serenity in your life.

All the best. Take good care.

If “We, the People” wanted 8 parties, we could have them, and there have been some interesting 3rd party candidates, but in America, SCOTUS has deemed money to be “free speech.” More accurately, the money used to project a viewpoint is considered essential to allowing free speech.

This is where I have problems with discussions on here (and not just you, specifically…your first comment, which serves as the foundation of the point you want to make, is an unjustified leap and characterization that poisons the tree from which you seek to extract the fruit.

I have not expressed what does and doesn’t bother me, because I haven’t poured my heart and soul out onto BM on these issues, so please don’t pretend to understand, or encapsulate, my complex feelings in a sound bite that suits your own personal purpose. It helps no-one, least of all you, because you CANNOT know.

I have my own feelings about the $1Trillion military budget and the level (and make-up) of social services in America, regardless of foreign aid to Ukraine or Israel or anyone else. It’s not a simplistic either-or question.

I don’t believe the two horse system is done and the lack of critical mass reached by any third party alternative in 2024 proves this, regardless of your understanding (or reflection) of my views.

Again, you’ve assumed you know my forefathers now. Stick to what you know and support it with evidence, rather than telling me who I am and what I believe, obviously or upon reflection, and you’d do much better having a two way communication of worth.

We might be, but I’m not sure it has anything to do with anything under discussion by me.

I think nationalism is on the rise because economic malaise during a period of demonization of “other” is a powerful, almost primal, pretext for anger…even when there is no cause and effect established.

Humans are simple creatures, yet have such complex emotions, which can often be easily manipulated.

Dad lost his job.

Really???

Pendulums swing and politicians (and evil) seeks to exploit the weakness that comes from those swings.

People with intelligence, conscience and beliefs are not easily swayed by the manipulators, but they’re both impossible to miss and hard to not be affected by.

To any sane, rational person, he looks and sounds like a buffoon, but bring enough manipulation to bear in the pursuit of elevating him in the consciousness of mostly dimple, poorly educated people with a weak belief structure and you can manufacture a President…possibly twice!

Simple and complex in the same moment about the same issue, which is why the human animal can be such a conundrum.

You appear to have multiple areas of angst in your life, but if you relieve yourself of the burden of having to fix them yourself (or for others), I think you might find both greater balance on issues of importance and greater serenity in your life.

Oh boy, you’ve done it now.

Sorry mate but no. That post was like the episode of friends where joey discovers the thesaurus!

So being deliberately dense allows you to bypass how the US citizen, in particular, are railroaded into a duopoly choice, drowning out other political voices.

I, actually, thought you were better than that.

It must be satisfying being part of the centrist group that have created the problems we're in as a society.

Oh, sorry that made no sense...

Dad lost his job.

Really???

I appreciate the expanded response without the need for childish insults, unlike some of the posters that exist in this thread.

Yes, my post of stating "You obviously" was borne out of the frustration of seeing this system bring the world to a position of brinksmanship, like we've never seen. So, I apologise for that beginning statement as I agree it can shut down dialogue.

I don't understand, then, why on earth SCOTUS would allow money to equal speech as the most money influences and wins. A multi billionaire can lobby a politician more than 5 million in a state. How is acceptable??

We, clearly, see the impact of AIPAC (and similar)tentacles spreading throughout world politics. AIPAC MIC, Blackstone, Blackrock etc, etc., bending society to its will through money equalling speech.

What pendulum can possibly exist with this system? People can get frustrated with the system, 'listened to' and, effectively, ignored by giving them choices of selected politician influenced by PACS/ lobbyists.

So, who speaks for the citizen who wants a peaceful life and to be tredted fairly??

It's not 'democracy' to not give equal platform to other viable voices to speak on issues. FFS, Jill Stein couldn't get 70k on the New York ballot through de-platforming!

Yeah, both Trump AND Biden feed upon the fears and despair of people. It's not one over the other. Less about what can be done and more about hating the opponent.

Unlike others on here. I'd rather stay true to myself than support any of the lesser of two evils, no matter where and who.

So being deliberately dense allows you to bypass how the US citizen, in particular, are railroaded into a duopoly choice, drowning out other political voices.

I, actually, thought you were better than that.

It must be satisfying being part of the centrist group that have created the problems we're in as a society.

Oh, sorry that made no sense...

As ever Bob, I give the whole picture and use the caveat of enforcement in choice from the parties and media to create these choices to make my point.

There's nothing dense about it, this post of yours contains English words. the resulting sentence however is not comprehendible english. If you want people to debate you. you need to make sense first.

When a number of posters make the same comment about a post, did you not think that maybe you made an error in a post, a post probably posted in haste?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.