Donald Trump

People who read this thread a lot will know I’ve been watching the Florida documents case very closely. While I’m not a lawyer and make no bones about that fact, I’m not sure there have been too many people matching my obsession for crawling court dockets and citing legal sources.

Despite that, this ruling from Cannon today is something I’m not sure anybody would have countenanced even a month ago - it has floored me with its brazenness. I noted Thomas’ concurring opinion in the immunity case. I also noted that not a single other justice on SCOTUS joined with him in his concurring opinion - not even Alito. That’s because it was totally off the rails, irrelevant musings that had no real basis within the boundaries of the immunity hearings.

Well the intention of his philosophical waxing has become abundantly clear today. Cannon cited his opinion numerous times in her order for dismissal. It is a dismissal, supported only by a SC justice’s opinion, but contradicted by hundreds of years of established legal precedent. There is simply no arguing with the black and white language in 28 USC §533:

The AG has the unfettered right to appoint a Special Counsel. This ruling is insane.

But they know that. What is happening here is extremely transparent. Thomas with his random diatribe in an unrelated case has attempted to provide just enough cover for Cannon to survive a hearing to get her recused from the case. And she has used that cover to (finally after months of fucking around) put out a ruling which is simply unsustainable.

This will go to the 11th. It will get overturned. Cannon may or may not get removed if they deem Thomas’ opinion is enough of a justification for being wrong. Then once again it will go all the way to SCOTUS. And even if they aren’t quite crazy enough to ride roughshod over the power of the judiciary for the second time in a year, it doesn’t matter. Cannon has done her job and she’s wound down the clock. This case won’t be heard for years. If ever.

This man has stolen and withheld highly classified documents that could compromise national security (some of which still haven’t been recovered). These documents were found in his fucking bathroom. It is about as open and shut a case as you can get. And it is the kind of thing others have spent decades in prison for. But it now seems unlikely that he will ever face consequences for those actions.

Watching an industrial scale cult at work at the GOP convention.

It's batshit crazy.

'Trump showed true character, strength and Valor on Saturday.'
The cunts can’t even spell valour correctly…

In the longer run, it may not help him. He committed the same crime in other states to where he transported documents, who may bring charges now the case is dead in Washington.
If he doesn’t win the election I would have said he’s fucked but now that SCOTUS has been totally corrupted with no way of remedying it I’m not so sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.