Donald Trump

The nation that was sleepwalking in 2016 when Trump was first elected?

He nearly got re-elected in 2020, and was almost successful in stealing the election after the result. Had Pence (yes, that jellyfish) not stood his ground, we wouldn't even be in this situation now.

The US population in general are less interested in actual politics than most folk the UK, and in the US, people are more likely to vote along party lines irrelevant of candidate or policies.

Anecdotally, I was in a restaurant over here a couple of nights ago, and the family behind us were discussing local Congressman Matt Gaetz. The guy basically said Gaetz was an absolute arsehole, and likely paid underaged girls for sex, but he'd vote for him because he was 'a good Republican'. The guys wife said she knew him as a massive creep at school, but she'd still vote for him because he was 'the Republican candidate'.
The same way most Democrats voted for an aged Biden who was clearly in the beginning stages of some for of mental decline.

People vote for the guy who's philosophy matches theirs over the personality or person of the candidate all the time. Frankly, it's the norm and not the exception.

People believe that a billionaire child rapist is on a mission to uproot evil across the globe for the betterment of mankind.

At least believing the world is flat has no consequences outside of making yourself look like a prat.
Didn't know Biden was a Billionaire. You learn something knew every day.

"If what someone one gets from the above article is the below statement:

"Russia poses an existential threat to world peace, and Trump has repeatedly said he won't get in Putin's way."

Then we have a bigger problem than I thought. Let me summarize the above article correctly.

*** I'm going to make sure everyone in NATO pays their fair share***

That's it. I'm struggling to see how anyone can't see that :(

"Russia poses an existential threat to world peace, and Trump has repeatedly said he won't get in Putin's way."

Then we have a bigger problem than I thought. Let me summarize the above article correctly.

How anyone could read Trump’s quote in this particular instance—or the many others where he praises Putin and indicates he wants to end the Ukraine war by ensuring large swathes of Ukraine are ceded to Russia—then they have a big comprehension problem. Or they are simply either too dumb or too brainwashed to actually understand what Trump is saying (and intends to do if he is reelected).

“Former President Donald Trump on Saturday said he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to any NATO member country that doesn’t meet spending guidelines on defense in a stunning admission he would not abide by the collective-defense clause at the heart of the alliance if reelected.​
“NATO was busted until I came along,” Trump said at a rally in Conway, South Carolina. “I said, ‘Everybody’s gonna pay.’ They said, ‘Well, if we don’t pay, are you still going to protect us?’ I said, ‘Absolutely not.’ They couldn’t believe the answer.”​
Trump said “one of the presidents of a big country” at one point asked him whether the US would still defend the country if they were invaded by Russia even if they “don’t pay.”​
“No, I would not protect you,” Trump recalled telling that president. “In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”​

Last edited:

And if they don't pay he will not protect Europe. In fact he will ECOURAGE Putin to do what the hell he wants.

Yep as always Dax sees nothing wrong with that.

Edit. Seb beat me to the longer quote from Trump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.