Donald Trump

How anyone could read Trump’s quote in this particular instance—or the many others where he praises Putin and indicates he wants to end the Ukraine war by ensuring large swathes of Ukraine are ceded to Russia—then they have a big comprehension problem. Or they are simply either too dumb or too brainwashed to actually understand what Trump is saying (and intends to do if he is reelected).

“Former President Donald Trump on Saturday said he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to any NATO member country that doesn’t meet spending guidelines on defense in a stunning admission he would not abide by the collective-defense clause at the heart of the alliance if reelected.​
“NATO was busted until I came along,” Trump said at a rally in Conway, South Carolina. “I said, ‘Everybody’s gonna pay.’ They said, ‘Well, if we don’t pay, are you still going to protect us?’ I said, ‘Absolutely not.’ They couldn’t believe the answer.”​
Trump said “one of the presidents of a big country” at one point asked him whether the US would still defend the country if they were invaded by Russia even if they “don’t pay.”​
“No, I would not protect you,” Trump recalled telling that president. “In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”
This man has gone bankrupt twice, what position is he in to tell anyone about paying their bills.

How anyone could read Trump’s quote in this particular instance—or the many others where he praises Putin and indicates he wants to end the Ukraine war by ensuring large swathes of Ukraine are ceded to Russia—then they have a big comprehension problem. Or they are simply either to dumb or too brainwashed to

actually understand what Trump is saying (and intends to do if he is reelected).

“Former President Donald Trump on Saturday said he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to any NATO member country that doesn’t meet spending guidelines on defense in a stunning admission he would not abide by the collective-defense clause at the heart of the alliance if reelected.​
“NATO was busted until I came along,” Trump said at a rally in Conway, South Carolina. “I said, ‘Everybody’s gonna pay.’ They said, ‘Well, if we don’t pay, are you still going to protect us?’ I said, ‘Absolutely not.’ They couldn’t believe the answer.”​
Trump said “one of the presidents of a big country” at one point asked him whether the US would still defend the country if they were invaded by Russia even if they “don’t pay.”​
“No, I would not protect you,” Trump recalled telling that president. “In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”​

That said,

"You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.

His position has always been that lots of NATO countries take advantage of the U.S. and don't pay their share as required by the NATO agreement they signed.

Why aren't these countries paying their share? That's the real issue. Russia is a side point. The issue here is paying your dues.

IFFS this is not rocket science :(

And if they don't pay he will not protect Europe. In fact he will ECOURAGE Putin to do what the hell he wants.

Yep as always Dax sees nothing wrong with that.

Edit. Seb beat me to the longer quote from Trump.
Let me explain by analogy:

Suppose we have a crew of 20 friends who get together weekly for expensive dinners. And we pay money into a fund to got to that dinner based on how much money each person makes.

Now suppose 3 or 4 guys choose not to pay but keep coming to dinner to eat. And then one day I complain and say only those who pay should come for dinner...

Then one of those guys asks, are you going to tell the bouncer to toss us out if we don't pay? And I say yeah! You must pay, if you don't of coz the bouncer should toss you out.

The conclusion any common sense person should reach is that I really want you to pay your fee.

To conclude the important point is that I want bouncers tossing you... Is Frankly comical.

That said,

"You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.

His position has always been that lots of NATO countries take advantage of the U.S. and don't pay their share as required by the NATO agreement they signed.

Why aren't these countries paying their share? That's the real issue. Russia is a side point. The issue here is paying your dues.

IFFS this is not rocket science :(
Yes, ignore that Trump actually said, out loud, that he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they wanted” to NATO member countries if they didn’t pay their “fair share”—a violation of the mutual protection clause of the NATO treaty (the main fucking element of NATO)—whilst also continually either being vague or moving the goal posts as to what would constitute a “fair share” (almost as if it is a ploy to always be able to say NATO members are not pulling their weight and therefore will not get US protection if Russia attacked them). Oh, and ignore literally the hundreds of times Trump has praised Putin and his actions or indicated he wanted to end the war by ensuring Ukraine cedes large swathes of the country to Russia, effectively rewarding Putin for invading a sovereign nation and committing an ever growing list of war crimes, and giving him the green light to look at other former Soviet-controlled regions for invasion.

You can’t possibly actually be this dense? This has to be an act, surely?

This man has gone bankrupt twice, what position is he in to tell anyone about paying their bills.
And is literally famous for not paying his bills (something that anyone living in NYC has none about him since the 80s, hence why he has been hated there for decades), even to the lawyers defending him in his many civil and criminal trials (that will all probably be thrown out now that his Supreme Court has given him almost complete immunity from prosecution).

Yes, ignore that Trump actually said, out loud, that he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they wanted” to NATO member countries if they didn’t pay their “fair share”—a violation of the mutual protection clause of the NATO treaty (the main fucking element of NATO)—whilst also continually either being vague or moving the goal posts as to what would constitute a “fair share” (almost as if it is a ploy to always be able to say NATO members are not pulling their weight and therefore will not get US protection if Russia attacked them). Oh, and ignore literally the hundreds of times Trump has praised Putin and his actions or indicated he wanted to end the war by ensuring Ukraine cedes large swathes of the country to Russia, effectively rewarding Putin for invading a sovereign nation and committing an ever growing list of war crimes, and giving him the green light to look at other former Soviet-controlled regions for invasion.

You can’t possibly actually be this dense? This has to be an act, surely?
Ah yes! This is where you pretend Trump is the one who sets the NATO spending recommendations. Lol.

In case you are as clueless as you pretend to be, it's a minimum of 2% GDP for each of the 31 members.

"Meet your fee requirements!" That's the request.

Ukraine is a separate issue. Stop conflating unrelated issues. One is about countries failing to meet their obligations. The other is about a war...

Lord have mercy

Reactions: PPT
The same way most Democrats voted for an aged Biden who was clearly in the beginning stages of some for of mental decline.

People vote for the guy who's philosophy matches theirs over the personality or person of the candidate all the time. Frankly, it's the norm and not the exception.
So your philosophy matches that of a child rapist/liar/con man/ insurrectionist/ traitor ? Some confession that.

Let me explain by analogy:

Suppose we have a crew of 20 friends who get together weekly for expensive dinners. And we pay money into a fund to got to that dinner based on how much money each person makes.

Now suppose 3 or 4 guys choose not to pay but keep coming to dinner to eat. And then one day I complain and say only those who pay should come for dinner...

Then one of those guys asks, are you going to tell the bouncer to toss us out if we don't pay? And I say yeah! You must pay, if you don't of coz the bouncer should toss you out.

The conclusion any common sense person should reach is that I really want you to pay your fee.

To conclude the important point is that I want bouncers tossing you... Is Frankly comical.
The whole bill paying thing is absolute fucking nonsense. The running costs of NATO are nothing to do with how much countries spend on defence. The US is the joint biggest contributor with Germany at around 16% each. The UK and France pay 10-11% each and the other 28 countries pay the rest. These “bills” that Trump goes on about are what each country should be spending on their own defence and it doesn’t go to the US government. The US chooses to spend 3.6% of its GDP on its military but that is to project its power worldwide with only a fraction NATO related. Of course every country should be spending appropriate amounts on their own defence but that’s nothing to do paying the US anything. It would only come to the crunch if a NATO country got invaded and Article 5 was invoked. So far Article 5 has only ever been invoked once and that was by the US after 9/11 and every NATO member did their bit as required. For Trump to threaten not to stand by its obligations increases the chances exponentially of Article 5 needing to be invoked again because Russia could assume they’ll get a free run if they invade a NATO country on their border.

Basically your analogy is complete horseshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.