Donald Trump

Questioning what lead to the election outcome is not the same thing is not accepting the result.

Not accepting the result is what Trump and MAGA supporters did with the 2020 election.

But I think you know that.
I already made the distinction between the trump supporters behaviour and others yes.

Questioning what lead to the election outcome is not the same thing is not accepting the result.

Not accepting the result is what Trump and MAGA supporters did with the 2020 election.

But I think you know that.

I think its besides the point for what you reply to. It's about optics, not about comparing those as being equal.

It's about the impression that both partisan camps will have, that the opponent is a criminal and their side the only rightious one, in which notably noone can still function as a "neutral arbiter" when it comes to legitimacy which can turn it in a "free for all" or more dangerously can make the SCOTUS appear as the logical arbiter.

Withought a doubt, Trump is a huge factor for having created that partisan and politically de-legitimizing atmosphere, far more than the democrats id say. The democrats, while i think they are "less bad", cant be entirely excused for the role they played in shaping the modern US political enviroment either though imho.

Last edited:
Probably. There hardly seems to be a week that goes by without trump, Steve Bannon etc being accused/convicted of something.

As long as the correct process is maintained though ....

When it regards this topic that were discussion, "the correct process" becomes the crucial aspect in separating partisan from neutral and just. There is afaik actually a process to challenge an election result, its just that there shouldnt be a media circus around it when simply correct process is followed.

The fact that up to this day the Trumpers are claiming that 2020 was a stolen ellection, is hugely damaging and very questionable in respect of this discussion, wouldnt you agree?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.