Donald Trump

Or has looked at 2016 and the Access Hollywood revelation days before the election... and for WTF ever reason, Trump won - shocking even Trump himself.

Dude - the 2024 election is going to be down to a handful of swing states due the screwed up electoral college. I hope you're right predicting that Biden will win hands down. But I've zero confidence that you are correct or are in fact incorrect. Beats me what will happen either way.

Truth is, nobody fucking knows. And at this point, is pretty goddamn close either way.
Completely ignoring the fact he probably was dead in the water until the FBI publicly stated it was opening an investigation in to Hillary actually days before the election.

Completely ignoring the fact he probably was dead in the water until the FBI publicly stated it was opening an investigation in to Hillary actually days before the election.
Comer's public statement about re-opening the already dead investigation into Hillary's emails was... fucked up. Would Hillary have won absent Comer's statement? Who knows. Whatever the case, Comer's self-serving proclamation about re-opening an investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails on the eve of election is abhorrent.

Hillary had major issues as a candidate - for starters, she often seemed shrill when attacking her opponents.

But her worst flaw was the attempted coverup of a non-issue. RE Emails. Fucking give full access to Congress and let them redact any sensitive information. Issue dead. Instead - partial access to redacted emails, some emails not disclosed, and so on.

And furthermore, why would you host a private email server which you then used to communicate to others on official matters as well as personal matter which you would not want to be disclosed. Fucking insanely stupid - perhaps Hillary wouldn't be aware of this - but some one on her staff should have told her so.

Anyhow - I think that Hillary would have been a wonderful president.

Last edited:
You seem to be posturing - strike that, you are posturing.

Almost nobody thought that Trump would win election in 2016 - but he did.

In 2024, the majority opinion is that the election is going to be close and that Trump has a real chance, or is perhaps even favorite to win.

And yet, you're in some sort of denialism over this basic fact.
I’ve not seen any polls where the question was “Who do you think will win the election?” There must be some.

A) This, as an absolute statement, is almost certainly wrong;
B) Why are you arguing this point?
===
MAGA loves Trump no matter what; numerous Fox News-watching Republicans lap up whatever "news" Fox broadcasts, and are in a virtually impenetrable state of pro-Republican sentiment.

Whether or not Trump is an "underdog" in some sense, beats me. What's clear is that the majority of Republicans view the criminal/civil legal cases against Trump as politically motivated.

And, Americans, and people in general, tend to rally around any person whom they perceive to be unfairly attacked.

Unfairly treated ffs. The bloke is a **** in every way
For those still in the Biden-can't-possibly-lose-reality-distortion-bubble...

It's too bad that Whatever-The-Fuck-His-Name-Was-From-Ohio isn't still on here. WTF-Ohio (WTFO) wasn't ultra MAGA in his hatred of emigrants, and presumably of America's role in the world as a leader of Democracy... rather, WTFO was a Fox News, yellow dog Republican - that is, he'd rather vote for a yellow dog running for Republican than a Democrat.

WTFO brushed off Trump's conviction for sexual assault against E.G Carroll, and excused Trump's under-oath testimony that it was OK for a "star" to grab a woman's pussy as regrettable! TWFO argued that, in context, Trump's deposition should be viewed as braggadocio! Unbelievable.

And therein is the trap - we, who are not caught in the right-wing propaganda bubble cannot fathom the possibility that any rational, moral human would vote for Trump. Whereas, reality is that numerous otherwise decent, moral humans are caught up in the right-wing propaganda spider web, hopelessly entangled, and immune to rational argument against their beliefs.

Sorry I’m not having it that decent moral humans would vote for the despicable orange turd.

Sorry I’m not having it that decent moral humans would vote for the despicable orange turd.
I'd have thought so too... but having spent a lot of time in the American South/Midwest (Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, Missouri, Iowa, Ohio, etc.)... I disagree.

People are brought up a certain way, and it's very hard to shake your upbringing. Nearly impossible if you never set foot out of your home town/state - and that accounts for the phenomenon that otherwise decent human beings are 100% behind Trump, IMO.

My Daddy was a Republican, and my Grand Daddy was a Republican, and my Great Grand Daddy was a Republican... and by God! - I'm a Republican too!!!

This - by-the-way - was pretty much why my father was a Republican during almost all of his life. Towards his later years - having first grown up in Missouri in the 1930's and eventually moving to California - he mellowed - and at the time of his death, was far more moderate.

Last edited:
I leave the thread for a few hours and I come back to some kind of 1812-style pitched battle!

For what it's worth, I am one of the posters who has maintained the position that I don't see Trump's path to victory. I should clarify though that just because I "don't see it" doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. It merely means that if he does win, then it will be because of some extraneous factor that I don't understand or am not taking into account. My position is largely based on demographics, because I am making the (speculative) assumption that with the US so polarised party-switching this year will be at an all-time low. As the last one was so close, it means the election will be determined largely on two things: demographics and turnout.

I think the demographics have moved sufficiently against Trump that even a slightly depressed turnout wouldn't be enough for him in the swing states. He is losing inner city and suburban voters at crazy rates, even in the primary.

But I'll say it again, this is a kind of sequitur argument that makes sense to me, it's more based in logic than any sophisticated model or any media narrative (in fact this goes against a lot of the current narrative). That means I have to concede that I could be wrong. I am slightly more confident than GDM, maybe not as confident as SWP, I'd give Trump maybe 10-15%... and let me be clear that's far higher than my comfort zone would like, which is why I'm so vocally against him rather than disregarding him as a non-threat.

I'd give Trump maybe 10-15%... and let me be clear that's far higher than my comfort zone would like, which is why I'm so vocally against him rather than disregarding him as a non-threat.
Cheers. At say, 15% odds of Trump winning - if you're actually that confident - there's a ton of money to be had by betting - odds favor Trump at the moment!

That said - the above is sort of tongue-in-cheek. Do not bet anything that you cannot afford to lose. And do not bet if you have a gambling addiction.

Me? Well, you know where I stand :-).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.