Don't let the media talk us into a 'crisis'

Toney’s bookie

The main priority this year is to win the league as far as I am concerned.

We are still 3 points clear at the top of the Prem. Our next game is Wigan and I still fancy us to win that. Wigan are not a 'park the bus' team - they simply can't do that. We go there with every chance of winning as far as I'm concerned. Then we play Spurs. Silva and Balo/Dzeko should hopefully be fit by then and let's hope Savic has settled in a bit at the back. VK and YT are big misses but they'll be missing Ade too so we should still be positive going into that.

My point is that although we've lost the last 2 games, it is only really last night that was truly dire and I still think we've got plenty to be happy about. Believe me, Fergie and Twitcher would much prefer to be in our position than theirs!

VK will miss two league games and so thankfully the CC semi has absorbed half the damage.

Last night was weird for us all, fans and Bobby included. I think RM has really been hurt by what has happened with VK and it shows. The atmosphere was flat in the stands too, nobody felt up for it at all and that showed. However, I certainly don't consider us to be in 'crisis' by any stretch of the imagination. This time last week we were pleased with a commanding performance against Liverpool and last Sunday can be written off thanks to Chris Foy.

Just remember what we are after this season and let's be grateful these defeats have been in the cup!! It certainly isn't our season falling apart because as far as I'm concerned our season is all about one thing - the league!

PS it does make me chuckle to think that 3-2 and 1-0 cup defeats to U*d and Liverpool is considered a crisis when just a few years ago that would be considered fantastic form!

It would seem that RM genuinely believed the FA would over turn the decision when from past experience we knew they wouldn't and naturally thinks that an injustice has been done to our captain and leader and chief organiser in defense.

He has lost the nearest thing to a genuine leader we have for 4 games and is bemused by this probably because he thinks or knows it wouldn't happen this way in Italy or wouldn't happen during his playing days.

Refs are under more scrutiny than ever to get things right because of the instant replay and slow mo speeds ( anybody seen the frame speed in golf coverage these days ) and as the speed of the game increases ( the assistant ref against Sunderland was too slow to get into a position whereby he could see the offside quite clearly ) the more incorrect decisions they make.

The sad thing is the very technology that can help them make the correct decision more often is being used to highlight their mistakes rather than assist them in correcting them when they should be , a no brainer for me but maybe the more contentious the decisions are the more we talk about it for good or bad and that is seen by the power brokers as a good thing.

3 losses and a draw in 5 games, no goals in 3 of them, out of one cup and probably another!

Teams are starting to suss out how to play against us.

We are not in crisis territory yet but we must now win at Wigan. Anything less would not be acceptable.

Mancini needs to stop whinging and remind us why he is a top class manager because at the moment we are struggling.

Didn't we just spank the dippers 3.0 in the last league game no crisis for me . Lost to the rags because a shit ref and 1.0 down at half time against the dippers in the semi bobby manc is a bit pissed off at the moment and rightly so vinnie sent off Sunday then nothing for Johson last night no game now for 4 days then normal business will be resumed and bobby back to his cool as a cucumber self .

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
3 losses and a draw in 5 games, no goals in 3 of them, out of one cup and probably another!

We are not in crisis territory yet but we must now win at Wigan. Anything less would not be acceptable.

Mancini needs to stop whinging and remind us why he is a top class manager because at the moment we are struggling.
Although you could argue.....

Hit the bar against West Brom, and had a goal ruled out....

Hit the bar twice against Sunderland, and they're goal was offside

Beat Liverpool 3-0

Lost Kompany after 12 minutes of a derby. Only lost by one goal, and had them clinging on for dear life at the end.

Lost to a penalty last night, with half of our team missing.

We've had a run of bad luck which has coinceided with us losing our most important players.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

This

We're not in a crisis but we are most definitely struggling. Tactically Mancini has to improve in the absence of keys players but no doubt a win against Wigan and anything other than a defeat to Spurs, for me, would be a good return.

The problem I'm having is the squad rotation and how it only seems to be with certain players. Last night Zabaleta should have started at right back, with his experience and defensive ability this would have enabled Richards to partner Lescott in the middle and then Clichy on the left would have made for a solid back four.

Then the rest of the team picks itself due to the injuries and absences.

My other concern is that we are putting all 'our eggs in one basket' by aiming to win the Premier League.

we MIGHT get knocked out of a cup in the semi-final

but we're in a SF which is more than we had for ages until recently

and out of another through the ineptitude and/or corruption of a dodgy ref

team weakened with players to come back

But top of the league with a 3 point advantage

CRISIS MY ARSE

The rag medja would love to think so of course. But fuck them.

Some of us don't need the media to assist (LOL).

A crisis is when a squad of our quality and resources is sitting 3 or 4 points ahead of QPR and whether MH will get them on a roll to overtake us on the table.

We have high expectations now but don't forget how tough this league is to win.

So far so good despite picking up only two points from our last 4 away games.

I don't think Manure would have penciled in a nil return from Blackburn at home and Newcastle away at the start of the season.

It may be little respite to most but at least we haven't been toweled up like Manure were at St James Park ( touchwood ) in the premiership this season.

The best side we have played this season is a full strength Bayern Munich.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.