Dortmund away travel advice please

binzy m.cf.c said:
Thats The Clayton Minibus Mafia sorted out for this.....Flights Stansted to Frankfurt £50...,2 x 7 seater Car hire & fuel £50 each...3*** Hotel in Dusseldorf £25 each..... £125 all in...little bit of travelling involved but we'll be having a giggle on the way.....i love this european bollocks

If you're flying to Frankfurt international Airport, sack the cars off and get train tickets.
We went this way when we played Schalke. The ICE train that travels at 200kmh takes an hour and a half direct from Frankfurt airport to Dusseldorf, so in a car you can double that
I've just priced up tickets travelling on a Monday early afternoon and returning Wednesday morning, 58 euros

Dortmund's the one. If Carlsberg did football it would be in Germany. Grounds, fans, beer, transport, hotels, babes, beer, football, more beer.
Great stories about mad journey plans via Belgium and Holland, but come closer to home, get on 'Skyscanner' and have a look at flights closer to home via London. Trains midweek Manchester /London are dirt cheap and the flights are reasonable if you do 2 nights ( which can be cheaper than 1, flight wise) Reasonable hotels in Dusseldorf and Dortmund are still there. I know it can be tricky with work/family/Christmas round the corner but these things come around only every so often.

If there's at least 2 of you and you pull your fingers out you could do 2 nights accom.in Dort,Koln or Duss with (matchday travel free), for a reasonable price.

Everyone has a clever-arse cheaper trip than the last man but a few hours ago I got £69 return Gatwick/ Duss. ( Easyjet) which I think is still available.

Dont waste your time with Ryanair on Dusseldorf Weeze. Its in the middle of nowhere on the Dutch border.

The Spike tours are well done , quick and convenient and suit a lot of people, but you can easily do any of these trips for a fraction of the cost.

Dortmund has to be done. Book early. It'll be shit or bust anyway.

Ruhr said:
Bembel, Hahn is Frankfurt as Weeze is Düsseldorf.... ;-)
so i presume flying to Hahn would quicker for our road trip if its 100km to the west of Frankfurt i presume its a detour past Bonn & Cologne and straight up to Dusseldorf...how far roughly is it then Ruhr mate ......?

i estimate about 2,40 h from Frankfurt or from Hahn to düsseldorf centre by car. Hahn is maybe 30 kilometres nearer than Frankfurt, but Frankfurt has the better autobahn connection. Hahn is a former US airbase in the middle of nowhere

Ruhr said:
i estimate about 2,40 h from Frankfurt or from Hahn to düsseldorf centre by car. Hahn is maybe 30 kilometres nearer than Frankfurt, but Frankfurt has the better autobahn connection. Hahn is a former US airbase in the middle of nowhere
Best way from Duss Wheeze to Dusseldorf centre?

fy6blue said:
Ruhr said:

There's a shuttle to Weeze Train station and you can get a train to Dusseldorf from there around 2.15 hrs.

You can also get a train to Dortmund which is closer to Weeze than Dusseldorf.

The cost if the train is around 30-35 Euros, although i'm not sure if the match ticket will cover the train journey which needs to be in Nordhein Westphalen (NRW) to qualify. Someone posted this question to Ruhr earlier in this thread although I've not seen a reply.

theperfect10 said:
fy6blue said:
Ruhr said:

There's a shuttle to Weeze Train station and you can get a train to Dusseldorf from there around 2.15 hrs.

You can also get a train to Dortmund which is closer to Weeze than Dusseldorf.

The cost if the train is around 30-35 Euros, although i'm not sure if the match ticket will cover the train journey which needs to be in Nordhein Westphalen (NRW) to qualify. Someone posted this question to Ruhr earlier in this thread although I've not seen a reply.

don´t know what exactly the question is, but i put a map in here

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=265841&p=5977603&sid=613dee99c469504b46978a9fcd054c46#p5977603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=265841&p=5977603&sid=613dee99c469504b46978a9fcd054c46#p5977603</a>

shows all towns, in which the match ticket is valid as a train ticket on matchday

Does anyone know how easy it would be to get away from the stadium back to Cologne after the match?

sboroMCFC said:
Does anyone know how easy it would be to get away from the stadium back to Cologne after the match?

The first train you could possibly get is the 11.53, but it might be tight to make it... If you do, that gets you back to Cologne at 2.23am...

If you get the later one at 1.52am it gets you back to Cologne at 3.10am...

Posted this on the other Dortmund thread so apologies if you view it twice! Any other Blues on the early morning flight out of Stansted to Weeze on the 4th? Myself and a mate are, we were just gonna get a train through to Dortmund, but having dug a little deeper there is a minibus option from Weeze airport to Dortmund; 162e for 7-8 passengers or 250e for 9-15 people. If could cobble together enough people it looks like a good option...

Should probably add, looking at a journey time of 1h 45m, which is slightly quicker than the train, and Ryanair (groan) still have one way flights on this route for £29, plus the inevitable extra few quid for having the audacity to pay with a debit card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.