Dortmund Fans

BVBler said:
Because football tradition is because as a society must sometimes through the mud.
These clubs with their money to ruin the soccer culture.

We spent 30 years in the mud before the Sheikh arrived. Do you understand how English football works? It isn't Germany. There were about four rich teams that no one else could compete with regularly. They got into the Champions League every year and finished top four every year, so were getting most of the money while the rest of us fought for Europa League places. The only way to compete with this consistently (ie. not once, Everton and Spurs had one-off seasons, Newcastle had their "almost" season last year that won't be repeated) was through big investment and that is what Sheikh Mansour did. We are still the same club with the same fans and same songs, same culture, same traditions as we were before the takeover. The takeover has just given us moments like our title win and playing in the Champions League. Without a lot of money you simply can't challenge in England.

mekonmcfc said:
Carl_Man_City said:
My season tickets in bolock 222. I had no problem with having them there they were causing no harm at all just supporting their team.

Like i've said the club should email people sat around this area to let them know, then at least those who for some reason take exception to it can relocate somewhere else.

that must hurt !!

funny everyone kicks off when away fans are in our end, but remember Shalke when we were all over the ground, on here it was like a love in after at how great we were... double standards me thinks !!! if City fans cant be arsed turning up then i have no problem as long as they dont cause trouble

and poznan i think were given 3/4 of east stand level 3, we were up there surrounded by them, but still had a great time and no trouble.

wilfredo09 said:
Thank you for an unforgettable evening in your wonderful stadium.
Two teams - very offensive - many chances for goals on both sides and two goalkeepers on world-class-level made it an impressive match.
I think the draw is okay, even it's a pitty for us Dortmund-fans to get the 1-1 minutes before the end of the match.

It was great and I hope to see some of you on december, 4th. in Dortmund.

By the way, the - as some of you called it - choreographie of singing and dancing is not the contrary for the enthusiasm for the match.
We can do both!

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. To be fair, we were very lucky to get a draw out of the game - Dortmund were so much the better team and we'll need to improve a lot to have a chance of qualifying for the next round. I'll be in Dortmund on 4th December for the return fixture and I'm hoping we still have a chance to qualify. If not, then I'm sure we'll still have a good time anyway.

BVBler said:
LoveCity said:
BVBler said:
In Germany, , I hope never a sheikh etc ... Buy a club, we have the 50 +1 rule.

The Sheikh is one of the reasons our ticket prices are among the best in the league. He's been a great owner for the fans and has done only good for us. It's owners like the Glazers who want to make as much money off fans as possible who are the true cancer. Ask United fans paying £40 for a League Cup (lowest priority) game about the Glazers, while we pay £17.50 for the same competition (even though we were terrible in our League Cup game).

We like in Germany, not so clubs like Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg, Bayer Leverkusen. These are companies and associations of which are in Germany is very low in view.
why we do not like it?

Because football tradition is because as a society must sometimes through the mud.

I now take time Man City and M.United assume these two clubs has already been successes and economic policy in England is another.

Fans in Germany but we do not like this buying up clubs.

In the last 20 years, Bayern Munich, Dortmund & Bremen have won the Bundesliga 17 times between them, with 3 other teams winning once.

In England, Manchester United, Arsenal & Chelsea have won the Premier league 18 times out of 20 with two clubs winning one each.

So how is German football morally superior to English? Your league is no more competitive than ours.

LoveCity said:
BVBler said:

We spent 30 years in the mud before the Sheikh arrived. Do you understand how English football works? It isn't Germany. There were about four rich teams that no one else could compete with regularly. They got into the Champions League every year and finished top four every year, so were getting most of the money while the rest of us fought for Europa League places. The only way to compete with this consistently (ie. not once, Everton and Spurs had one-off seasons, Newcastle had their "almost" season last year that won't be repeated) was through big investment and that is what Sheikh Mansour did. We are still the same club with the same fans and same songs, same culture, same traditions as we were before the takeover. The takeover has just given us moments like our title win and playing in the Champions League. Without a lot of money you simply can't challenge in England.

Exactly. I have a lot of time for the way German clubs are run but English clubs have always been run in a different way - our German friends need to realise that rich owners have been a part of English football culture for over 100 years, and the biggest clubs in English football - United, Arsenal, and Liverpool have all benefitted from having money pumped into their clubs by rich people at various points in their history.

The only thing that has changed is that the origin of these owners has become more diverse in recent times - instead of being almost exclusively English, people from other countries have been attracted to English clubs. I'll also point out that down the years many English clubs have had financial problems because of bad management/ownership and in the vast majority of cases the people responsible weren't foreign. The idea that the bad owners in English football are all foreigners and the good owners are all English couldn't be any further from the truth.

gangerolv said:
Skashion said:
citymad said:
simply the best fans I've ever heard or seen. It must be a right buzz at their home games.
I'd put them below both Aris and Poznan.

why?
Aris were a lot louder for more of the match. Poznan brought more people and were more inventive. Still one of the best things I've seen was the wall of death they did. I wanted to be in that.

M18CTID said:
LoveCity said:
BVBler said:

Exactly. I have a lot of time for the way German clubs are run but English clubs have always been run in a different way - our German friends need to realise that rich owners have been a part of English football culture for over 100 years, and the biggest clubs in English football - United, Arsenal, and Liverpool have all benefitted from having money pumped into their clubs by rich people at various points in their history.

The only thing that has changed is that the origin of these owners has become more diverse in recent times - instead of being almost exclusively English, people from other countries have been attracted to English clubs. I'll also point out that down the years many English clubs have had financial problems because of bad management/ownership and in the vast majority of cases the people responsible weren't foreign. The idea that the bad owners in English football are all foreigners and the good owners are all English couldn't be any further from the truth.

Do not get me wrong,

I accept that in the England football differently, I know the history of English football very well because I Tottenam, City and Liverpool as the English Cloubs always look at that I like.

But Bayern Munich has erabeitet decades this status, Dortmund made ​​a huge mistake in the 90s, as have won the CL and then were virtually bankrupt, but our fans have taken to the barricades as our club are taken over by a patron should.

We have borrowed money at Bayern Munich, it hurt but because there was the Soladirität the Bundesliga

In Germany, the patron has no time to take the chance of a club and I find that personally quite rightly so.

This is my opinion may be wrong, but for me it is the true football

Other than the noise they made, what I was impressed with was number who travelled by coach.

I travel long distances each season following City by car, and travelled back down the M6 after the game last night, and there were at least 10 coaches heading back to Dortmund straight after the game. I've no idea if they arrived just for the game or not, but if they did, that is a journey of around 15 hours each way, I doubt we'll have 10+ coaches going the other way, even if they are staying over, I know I'll be going to Dortmund by car, but we're planning 2 nights there. For so many, about 20-30% of their support last night, to do it by coach is impressive.

The other thing I will add is there a few Dortmund fans around us last night, and they behaved impeccably, even standing and applauding our equaliser.

Weltverschlechterer said:
LoveCity said:
Many people want to change it but it's very difficult. If parliament allowed safe standing to be implemented that would be a good start.
The scandal You got there is so huge, You can demand everything. But for some reason I think, they took your balls over the past 20 years, which is sad.
LoveCity said:
Many of us are harassed by stewards all game if we stand up for too long.
WOW!! Seems like beeing a football fan is a crime in GB. Noone would stop anyone standing up in a football stadium in Germany. You are one the oldest democracies in Europe and You are treated like children... Beer issnt good for You, away fans are evil, Taylor Report says the truth, c'mon England, do something, cant see You following orders like we did once. Don't mention the war!
LoveCity said:
It's a joke and ticket prices go up rather than down, even though England has been in recession again. We have the second cheapest season ticket available (Value Gold - £275ish) so are not the main offenders (Arsenal are the worst with their £2,000 season ticket) but even though we top the value for money list in the Premier League it's still too expensive for many of our most passionate fans. Besides United and QPR (the ending) games last season, our best ever atmosphere at this ground was against Hamburg when tickets were only £5.
You are thinking of ticket prices? Your sheik gives a flying fuck if there is anybody in the stadium or not. Sorry for that one, I regard city is a traditional club, but I dont like Your new friend from the south.

Other than his negative refernece to the Sheik, this chap makes a lot of great points and with some humour.... are we sure he is German :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.