Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Good that we got the win. Disappointed about the away goal but they should have had one earlier so I suppose that’s fair. Too many stupid errors and far too slow on the ball. Kyle Walker is a liability in CL games
I would normally agree about Walker, but I don't remember him making any big mistakes tonight, unlike Dias, Ederson, Rodri, Cancelo (off the top of my head).

I'm sure there are some posters who think we were drawn against the dog and duck. QF of the CL isn't meant to be easy however it looks on paper.
Played well in parts and controlled the game mostly. There were a few too many heavy touches and ponderous passages of play, and our poor finishing was a problem again but we fully deserved the win. They worked hard for it and deserve credit.
We won't steamroll every team, we will have tough games most weeks until the end of the season. Proud of the boys again, it's been a fucking long hard season.

1-0 would have been better than 2-1 but it's certainly a lot better than 1-1so can't complain with the result.

Not happy with the performance tonight though. Very very sloppy all over the pitch and not the intensity we needed to be at for a game of this magnitude.

Badly missed Fernandinho tonight, that same team with him in there wins comfortably imo. Rodri can't do it at this level on his own he needs his hand held by either Fernandinho or Bernardo, hopefully Pep rectifies that for the second leg (and hopefully beyond)

don't think cancelo worked either as I predicted pre-match, coming in on his right too much shortens the pitch, a zinchenko in there tonight with a natural left foot quickens up our approach and gets foden on the ball faster.

Disappointed in Peps subs, jesus on was the correct call but Bernardo should have stayed on the pitch in a deeper role, his energy is vital and we all marvel at the quality of our bench but he's not using it, 5 subs allowed tonight we should be bringing on fresh legs and that's where our squad depth can make the most impact with the quality we can bring on against tired legs yet we make just the one. Strange.

Got a decent result, should have been better but it leaves us in a good position for the second leg.

Great character from the team. Quarter final of Champs League shouldn’t be easy. If he could repeat his performance v Leicester I would have Fernandinho in the second leg. BT and BBC must be a very miserable place with City winning and Liverpool losing.

Don’t think we played well at all tonight. Looked nervous and Rodri and Gundogan were off the pace

Would much rather have won 1-0 than 2-1. Away goal is huge

Hopefully we play much better in the 2nd leg, they will have to come out and it will suit us

Taught a few looked tired tonight, almost got the impressions after 55minutss that pep told them not to take any risks.

We got lucky with the Bellingham goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.