dortmund whos going?

OxBlue said:
Anyone else going via the Dam?

About 20 plus of us
Fly out Monday morning, then all day and night in Dam then train to Dortmund Tuesday for match then out in Dortmund afterwards.

Yep this is my plan, a few of ours will be on your morning flight & a couple of us are taking the evening flight out and staying the night in the Dam. Nice to know a few others will be there!

Yep, 2 of us. Flying into Dusseldorf on the Mon, train to Dortmund for 2 nights & then 2 nights dusseldorf. Tickets got this morning.
Went to the friendly a couple of seasons ago. Can`t wait for this, gonna be a great trip.

Mikecini said:
OxBlue said:

About 20 plus of us
Fly out Monday morning, then all day and night in Dam then train to Dortmund Tuesday for match then out in Dortmund afterwards.

I'm thinking of taking this route though via the ferry from hull.

Did anybody do the ferry for Ajax? Info would be appreciated. Ta

Yeah I did it was great fun proper enjoyed it, but I wouldn't recommend it i'd go straight into germany if I was you. Lots to do at this time of year in Germany. To get the best out of everything if you were to take the ferry from Hull you'd need the week of work.

If you do choose the ferry you board the boat at hull about half 6, you get off it in Rotterdam around half 8 local time, coach to Amsterdam takes 2 hours. On the return boat you get the coach back to Rotterdam at 5p.m which again takes 2 hours. You then get off the boat in hull at around 8a.m the next morning

Carl_Man_City said:
Mikecini said:
OxBlue said:

About 20 plus of us

Yeah I did it was great fun proper enjoyed it, but I wouldn't recommend it i'd go straight into germany if I was you. Lots to do at this time of year in Germany. To get the best out of everything if you were to take the ferry from Hull you'd need the week of work.

If you do choose the ferry you board the boat at hull about half 6, you get off it in Rotterdam around half 8 local time, coach to Amsterdam takes 2 hours. On the return boat you get the coach back to Rotterdam at 5p.m which again takes 2 hours. You then get off the boat in hull at around 8a.m the next morning

Cheers Carl. I might look to spend Monday night in Dam on the way out then. A night in Dortmund return back to Dam the next morning a hour or two around the city then back for the boat. Land back Hull Thursday morning. We'd get decent value from the trip and only have to splash on two nights accommodation.

Did you take a car? Is it still possible to get a walk on walk off ticket?

The biggest problem is it's the Mr's birthday on the 6th! Gonna cost me big time hmmmm unless she fancies a trip to Germany with the lads.

Mikecini said:
Carl_Man_City said:
Mikecini said:

Cheers Carl. I might look to spend Monday night in Dam on the way out then. A night in Dortmund return back to Dam the next morning a hour or two around the city then back for the boat. Land back Hull Thursday morning. We'd get decent value from the trip and only have to splash on two nights accommodation.

The biggest problem is it's the Mr's birthday on the 6th! Gonna cost me big time hmmmm unless she fancies a trip to Germany with the lads.

Yeah thats why we did it for Ajax away just because you got 3 nights kip but only had to pay for 1 nights hotel.

We went as foot passengers as far as i'm aware cars were on the lower decks and got off around half hour before any foot passengers. We got the train to Hull but i'm sure you could drive down and park your car in Hull, not sure how much the parking is though.

I'd still recommend experiencing the german markets for as much as possible however, the ferry is definatly a cheaper way of doing it

Carl_Man_City said:
Mikecini said:
Carl_Man_City said:

Yeah thats why we did it for Ajax away just because you got 3 nights kip but only had to pay for 1 nights hotel.

We went as foot passengers as far as i'm aware cars were on the lower decks and got off around half hour before any foot passengers. We got the train to Hull but i'm sure you could drive down and park your car in Hull, not sure how much the parking is though.

I'd still recommend experiencing the german markets for as much as possible however, the ferry is definatly a cheaper way of doing it

Cheers Carl I have a lot to look at to try and get the best option for all. As always time over cost is the biggest factor.I did similar for Schalke a but flew to Dam then hired a car. We had a blast but our time in Germany was a bit short TBH. never seen the Christmas markets and I bet Dortmund as a city will have more to offer than Gelsenkirchen.

2 of us

luton straight to dortmund day of game, night in hotel in the christmas market, fly home weds 9.50 to luton!

simples

Re: AW: dortmund whos going?

Mikecini said:
Carl_Man_City said:
Mikecini said:

Cheers Carl I have a lot to look at to try and get the best option for all. As always time over cost is the biggest factor.I did similar for Schalke a but flew to Dam then hired a car. We had a blast but our time in Germany was a bit short TBH. never seen the Christmas markets and I bet Dortmund as a city will have more to offer than Gelsenkirchen.
I live in Gelsenkirchen and for sure, Dortmund has got a much better Christmas Market. All the Blues will have a good day out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.