Dortmund

Ruhr said:
Maldeika said:
feedthegoat27 said:
Cheers for that, could be a great money saver. Any ideas if you have to pre-book the train or can just turn up with your ticket and not have to cough up? Flying back from Cologne on Wednesday afternoon, so thankfully don't have to head back towards the Dutch border!

I never had a reservation for a regional train and it usually should not be full if you are not travelling in the rush hours and if you get to Dortmund hours before the match.

Regional trains are for the everyday travel to school or work. Just enter it like a bus or tram and take a seat

Thanks guys, this almost sounds too good to be true! If I tried this tactic on First Transpennie Express, it would be greeted with bemusement, followed by a fine from a lovely ticket inspector.

feedthegoat27 said:
Ruhr said:
Maldeika said:
I never had a reservation for a regional train and it usually should not be full if you are not travelling in the rush hours and if you get to Dortmund hours before the match.

Regional trains are for the everyday travel to school or work. Just enter it like a bus or tram and take a seat

Thanks guys, this almost sounds too good to be true! If I tried this tactic on First Transpennie Express, it would be greeted with bemusement, followed by a fine from a lovely ticket inspector.

erm, you should have your matchticket as train ticket of course
(and you have to take a second-class compartment like in the picture)
fahrradmitnahme__s__bahn__196x186propertyimage.jpg

Don't worry, I'll have my ticket on me! Sucha great concept, something I can't imagine they'd never introduce over here unfortunately.

Ruhr said:
feedthegoat27 said:
Ruhr said:

Do I need to bring children on bicycles to gain admission to the train or are they and additional extra?

joeCTID said:
Ruhr said:
feedthegoat27 said:

Do I need to bring children on bicycles to gain admission to the train or are they and additional extra?

Actually the kids go for free until they are 15 as long as they are companied by parents. But the bikes usually need an extra ticket... (and you cannot bring a bike to every regional train as much as I know)

The beer... - don't be too much disappointed - it is not like the beer you got in Munich last year...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.