Dortmund

I'm flying over on the Tuesday morning into Dusseldorf from Dublin, Will be staying in Dortmund after the game. Where is the most likely meet up in the daytime and which hotels are everyone staying in.

I am bringing the wife aswell for this, need to get a get a match ticket for her. I know its very early, but if anyone can help with a ticket down the line be much appreciated.

I am more excited about this trip, than the family holiday in a few weeks.

Any other Blues on the early morning flight out of Stansted to Weeze on the 4th? Myself and a mate are, we were just gonna get a train through to Dortmund, but having dug a little deeper there is a minibus option from Weeze airport to Dortmund; 162e for 7-8 passengers or 250e for 9-15 people. If could cobble together enough people it looks like a good option...

Should probably add, looking at a journey time of 1h 45m, which is slightly quicker than the train, and Ryanair (groan) still have one way flights on this route for £29, plus the inevitable extra few quid for having the audacity to pay with a debit card.

feedthegoat27 said:
Any other Blues on the early morning flight out of Stansted to Weeze on the 4th? Myself and a mate are, we were just gonna get a train through to Dortmund, but having dug a little deeper there is a minibus option from Weeze airport to Dortmund; 162e for 7-8 passengers or 250e for 9-15 people. If could cobble together enough people it looks like a good option...

Should probably add, looking at a journey time of 1h 45m, which is slightly quicker than the train, and Ryanair (groan) still have one way flights on this route for £29, plus the inevitable extra few quid for having the audacity to pay with a debit card.

I'll be on that plane and travelling to the game.

You'll be better off using the train as this is free with your match ticket, as long as you don't use the ICE & IC fast trains. The regional trains take around 2 hrs to Dortmund. There's a Regional train that leaves Weeze train station (free shuttle from the airport) at 10:15 changing at Krefeld and getting into Dortmund at 12.15.

This probably works out better unless you need to get back to Weeze for the early morning flight back out after the game. In which case the minibus is the only option as the earliest train doesn't get into Weeze earlier enough.

LHarper said:
schfc6 said:
looking forward to this.
Booked up £32.50 one way to Koln/Bonn Return from Amsterdam for just £37.00 train from Dortmund to Dusseldorf 19 euro and 19 euro from Dusselforf to the Dam. Pretty cheap, bargain in fact.

There are still cheap flights to Bremann, trains every hour from Bremann to Dortmund.

Really looking forward to this, digs just £10 in the Ao hauptbahnhof.

I'm assuming beers will be easy to come buy in the day and abundant in the evening after the game.

Is Dortmund a late City

Staying in the AO aswell, you in the 6 bed dorm?

No we went all posh and got a 3 bed room with en suite.

Wardie said:
I'm flying over on the Tuesday morning into Dusseldorf from Dublin, Will be staying in Dortmund after the game. Where is the most likely meet up in the daytime and which hotels are everyone staying in.

I am bringing the wife aswell for this, need to get a get a match ticket for her. I know its very early, but if anyone can help with a ticket down the line be much appreciated.

Two of my mates are on that flight (7am right?) and meeting us in D'dorf as we are flying on the monday to have a bit of German culture

law74 said:
Wardie said:

Two of my mates are on that flight (7am right?) and meeting us in D'dorf as we are flying on the monday to have a bit of German culture.

Yes thats the one, im getting cultured on Wednesday in Dusseldorf myself, as the flight back is not until 9pm. Will be heading into Dortmund early enough on Tuesday

theperfect10 said:
feedthegoat27 said:

You'll be better off using the train as this is free with your match ticket, as long as you don't use the ICE & IC fast trains. The regional trains take around 2 hrs to Dortmund. There's a Regional train that leaves Weeze train station (free shuttle from the airport) at 10:15 changing at Krefeld and getting into Dortmund at 12.15.

This probably works out better unless you need to get back to Weeze for the early morning flight back out after the game. In which case the minibus is the only option as the earliest train doesn't get into Weeze earlier enough.

Cheers for that, could be a great money saver. Any ideas if you have to pre-book the train or can just turn up with your ticket and not have to cough up? Flying back from Cologne on Wednesday afternoon, so thankfully don't have to head back towards the Dutch border!

feedthegoat27 said:
theperfect10 said:
feedthegoat27 said:

Cheers for that, could be a great money saver. Any ideas if you have to pre-book the train or can just turn up with your ticket and not have to cough up? Flying back from Cologne on Wednesday afternoon, so thankfully don't have to head back towards the Dutch border!

I never had a reservation for a regional train and it usually should not be full if you are not travelling in the rush hours and if you get to Dortmund hours before the match.

Maldeika said:
feedthegoat27 said:
theperfect10 said:

I never had a reservation for a regional train and it usually should not be full if you are not travelling in the rush hours and if you get to Dortmund hours before the match.

Regional trains are for the everyday travel to school or work. Just enter it like a bus or tram and take a seat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.