Douglas Luiz - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatched the Bayern game again. I thought he had some very similar attributes to Fernandinho. He pressed very quickly, looked to nick the ball before their midfield got turned.
Thought he was very good. Agree with a few others, a bit relaxed in possession and was guilty of the occasional bit of sloppiness. But who isn't in preseason.

Think he deserves 6 months with us and the actual first team to prove his worth. If we do get an established defensive central midfielder then maybe squad spots will change the situation.

I don't think we will buy anyone else in this window. Ideally we would get someone who is actually better than Dinho but that is unlikely unless we pay silly money. Within the squad we look to have several options who can cover for Dinho, especially in games against the weaker of our opponents. Luiz looks / sounds like he could be a good option. I also think Zinchenko could be one.

I liked Luiz's performance vs Bayern and Pep is saying nice things about him so keeping him in the squad, at least until January, seems like a good idea.

Is Luiz defensive midfield? Not seen any of the pre season games.
He's too inconsistent for me ATM. He does some really good things, nice passes, good pressing then other times really sloppy, terrible passes and strolling back.

Decent say 65%, but needs to be higher % before he is challenging for first team.

Bayern was his best game, Dortmund his worst, so showing an improving profile.

All games have been on YouTube for full 90minutes if you want to re-watch. Links should be in match threads.

He's too inconsistent for me ATM. He does some really good things, nice passes, good pressing then other times really sloppy, terrible passes and strolling back.

Decent say 65%, but needs to be higher % before he is challenging for first team.

Bayern was his best game, Dortmund his worst, so showing an improving profile.

All games have been on YouTube for full 90minutes if you want to re-watch. Links should be in match threads.

Thanks very much

He has potential and that's all we can say at this stage. He looks like he sees things early and can then win it, hold it and give it. They're very good attributes in the position that we need. If he continues to train with our first team, and wins minutes on the pitch, I think he could prove to be very useful indeed. His reputation in Brazil was of one of the very best young players.

I don't think we will buy anyone else in this window. Ideally we would get someone who is actually better than Dinho but that is unlikely unless we pay silly money. Within the squad we look to have several options who can cover for Dinho, especially in games against the weaker of our opponents. Luiz looks / sounds like he could be a good option. I also think Zinchenko could be one.

I liked Luiz's performance vs Bayern and Pep is saying nice things about him so keeping him in the squad, at least until January, seems like a good idea.
If he gets a permit, I believe he'll be kept.

He has potential and that's all we can say at this stage. He looks like he sees things early and can then win it, hold it and give it. They're very good attributes in the position that we need. If he continues to train with our first team, and wins minutes on the pitch, I think he could prove to be very useful indeed. His reputation in Brazil was of one of the very best young players.
And he was deemed that even though he wasn't flashy. Which says a lot about him. Flashy tricstees get most of the hype.

According to MEN, he only played two minutes of football during his last three months at Girona.

I know we spent quite a bit of money on him but it’s difficult to see how he’d be apart of Pep’s plans for this season.

According to MEN, he only played two minutes of football during his last three months at Girona.

I know we spent quite a bit of money on him but it’s difficult to see how he’d be apart of Pep’s plans for this season.

You could say the same about Zinchenko last season even though he costed a bit less. Probably would be good for him to train with the 1st team and see how Pep likes to play. Injuries happen and I think Luiz still U21. Maybe he gets a cup game here and there and in the case no one else available slot in much like Zinchenko did last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.