Douglas Luiz

So Angelino was both good enough and NOT good enough at one and the same time? Interesting way to look at things.
Angelino has, was and is not good enough. He simply is incapable of defending. As a wing back very decent but not to our level.
To put that lad into his first game at Anfield with Liverpool's attack was suicide and I personally think Pep was sending a message to his mate Tikxi, he was still pissed about the lack of defensive recruitments in the summer.

What’s the rule with this guy? We had a two year option to buyback and that expired? It’s been declined and he’s getting a new deal. My mates a villa fan and he said something about the visa belonging to villa, which didn’t make sense, didnt press it though.

The talks been of him getting a new contract. How’s that happen If we have the option for another year?

Seems like the option has expired based off of all that. Surely worth a 25m buyback and resale at the very minimum or we just playing nice with villa?
I am sure I read we have a buy back option each summer for the first two years of his contract. It was reported the fee was 25m this year, then next goes up to 35m.

Been watching him as much as possible,and he impresses.He's better than anyone we have in the defensive/deep lying role.He has far greater energy and mobility,breaks play and links it up very well - he also knows his limitations and doesn't often try the extravagant,he's exactly what we are missing.
I am sure the buy back option for this year has expired, we will have to wait until next summer now.

Said after Villa stayed up we should have brought him back, if they'd gone down a year in a winning championship team as I'd imagine they'd be nearer to top than bottom rather than our fringes would have been better for him but, with staying up and being in their top 2/3 performers he should be learning of Fern etc

Said after Villa stayed up we should have brought him back, if they'd gone down a year in a winning championship team as I'd imagine they'd be nearer to top than bottom rather than our fringes would have been better for him but, with staying up and being in their top 2/3 performers he should be learning of Fern etc

I think he's more likely to improve playing week in week out at Villa as one of their most important players for another season, than he is coming back straight here and being stuck on the fringes for a year.

I think this season is a really big one for him and we'll end up with a decent idea of just how good he is by the end of it.

I am sure the buy back option for this year has expired, we will have to wait until next summer now.
A shame,but maybe it gives us opportunity to line up moves for our current players,while ensuring Luiz remains amongst the best candidates out there.

Been watching him as much as possible,and he impresses.He's better than anyone we have in the defensive/deep lying role.He has far greater energy and mobility,breaks play and links it up very well - he also knows his limitations and doesn't often try the extravagant,he's exactly what we are missing.
So what do we do with Rodri? Can we get some speed trainer in to boost Rodri's pace? We can't just ditch Rodri.

So what do we do with Rodri? Can we get some speed trainer in to boost Rodri's pace? We can't just ditch Rodri.
Rodri and Douglas Luiz could rotate the defensive mid spot, plenty of cup games where he could start alongside Doyle etc. For the rumoured 25m its a no brainer next year. I presume Fernandinho will leave. We need a minimum two midfielders. Douglas Luiz and Aouar would be the ideal window.

We need more energy in the centre of midfield particularly if he insists on playing Phil out wide. This guy would have been a good option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.