Douglas Luiz

Plenty, but i have not seen them utterly and totally destroyed.

It was sad to witness and simply not fair on the guy.
I think it is unfair to judge him on one game up against Salah. My view on Angelino is he looks too small but then Marcelo's no giant.

I tend to agree with a previous poster that lots of the defenders we've had looked poor playing for us.

Denayer and Angelino, Boateng all in the CL semi finals. While Savic has had a pretty good career too.

I think it is unfair to judge him on one game up against Salah. My view on Angelino is he looks too small but then Marcelo's no giant.

I tend to agree with a previous poster that lots of the defenders we've had looked poor playing for us.

Denayer and Angelino, Boateng all in the CL semi finals. While Savic has had a pretty good career too.
Watched the game again and while Angelino wasn’t great, he wasn’t alone. Gundogan passed the buck for the first goal and third.

Angelino is taller than Couto and tailor-made for the wingback role, which of course we never play, unless up against Lyon in a one-off game...

Watched the game again and while Angelino wasn’t great, he wasn’t alone. Gundogan passed the buck for the first goal and third.

Angelino is taller than Couto and tailor-made for the wingback role, which of course we never play, unless up against Lyon in a one-off game...
He was still a threat going forward as well

Agreed - but i thinking we are in the minority pal!

Can I join this boat? I think it’s necessary to have competition. It pushes both players. In addition, it may cause the potential of one or the other to be drawn out (example: Alphonso Davies/Alaba)

But he is a player Pep did not want to leave, so he must see a player in him.

I think he has all the tools to go to the very top, but he is still very, very raw right now. i would prefer he stayed at Villa one more season so we get more of an idea of whether he is ready to make that next big step.

If we sign Koulibaly and have Laporte, then Ake will be back up to the latter, but I hope he does indeed fight him for his position. Should probably start the season with him and allow Laporte time to recover fully. I just don’t want to see him become another utility player, however.

You quoted my post, but dont seem to have read it

I think he has all the tools to go to the very top, but he is still very, very raw right now. i would prefer he stayed at Villa one more season so we get more of an idea of whether he is ready to make that next big step.
One more season adds 10m to his buyback I think?

Last edited:
What’s the rule with this guy? We had a two year option to buyback and that expired? It’s been declined and he’s getting a new deal. My mates a villa fan and he said something about the visa belonging to villa, which didn’t make sense, didnt press it though.

The talks been of him getting a new contract. How’s that happen If we have the option for another year?

Seems like the option has expired based off of all that. Surely worth a 25m buyback and resale at the very minimum or we just playing nice with villa?

Plenty, but i have not seen them utterly and totally destroyed.

It was sad to witness and simply not fair on the guy.
So Angelino was both good enough and NOT good enough at one and the same time? Interesting way to look at things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.