Douglas Luiz

...why didn't he just say that last night as opposed to fuelling the mini-fire?
Not trying to defend him because I don't think he needs defending. Here is my opinion, though. As far as I know, Tolmie has an exceptional record when it comes to City related news. For me, he is the best City source there is out there. Having said that, he obviously simply hears things, and is not directly involved.

I have no doubt Luiz was mentioned in a conversation within City, but just because some players are mentioned doesn't mean they are joining us. It means it's been discussed, somehow very briefly, exploring the idea etc.

For 100% news he would have to speak to all of our decision makers and the player we are supposedly after. There are no ITKs like that. I am grateful for all the info, even if he gets it wrong sometimes. He is definitely doing it in good faith.

Not trying to defend him because I don't think he needs defending. Here is my opinion, though. As far as I know, Tolmie has an exceptional record when it comes to City related news. For me, he is the best City source there is out there. Having said that, he obviously simply hears things, and is not directly involved.

I have no doubt Luiz was mentioned in a conversation within City, but just because some players are mentioned doesn't mean they are joining us. It means it's been discussed, somehow very briefly, exploring the idea etc.

For 100% news he would have to speak to all of our decision makers and the player we are supposedly after. There are no ITKs like that. I am grateful for all the info, even if he gets it wrong sometimes. He is definitely doing it in good faith.

Yeah absolutely. But he put a tweet out saying he’d been told the night before to delete it but left it until Romano/others to confirm he was going Juventus to come out and say why he’d been asked to delete it.

Having said that, not a big deal really, love Tolm and miss him massively on here. The transfer forum just isn’t the same!

Sometimes "sources" are used to spread disinformation.

I think as a club we very much know how to use all available means to get the players we really want.

Spot on, TH is a former journalist who has contacts having been a lifelong Blue. Yes, he'll post incorrect information at times although it's more likely information that just doesn't come to fruition but I've never seen him deliberately post nonsense just for clicks, but so what? Life happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.