Douglas Luiz

He's a DM for Ukraine, he isnt an attacking midfielder.

Just because we havent tried him there doesn't mean it's not his main position, he's been played LB because we have no choice, that's why he doesn't get to play in midfield as well.
Can't say I've seen more than clips of the Ukraine playing but when I have Little Kev plays as an attacking mid.

He's a DM for Ukraine, he isnt an attacking midfielder.

Just because we havent tried him there doesn't mean it's not his main position, he's been played LB because we have no choice, that's why he doesn't get to play in midfield as well.

He's played as a holding mid for Ukraine but he's an attacking midfielder who became a LB and can do a job at DM. I'd much rather have players who've played more than 10 minutes in their chosen position. Zinchenko can't defend as a LB and you think he'd work at DM? Madness

Can't say I've seen more than clips of the Ukraine playing but when I have Little Kev plays as an attacking mid.
You havent seen Ukraine then, I have, and I'm saying he is a defensive midfielder, or box to box, not an attacking midfielder like Kevin or Foden.

He's played as a holding mid for Ukraine but he's an attacking midfielder who became a LB and can do a job at DM. I'd much rather have players who've played more than 10 minutes in their chosen position. Zinchenko can't defend as a LB and you think he'd work at DM? Madness
Again, he isnt an attacking midfielder.

You must have no understanding of positions if you think his issue as LB is why he cant play DM. Your basically saying Rodri and Gundogan can play RB because they can play DM, makes no sense.

You havent seen Ukraine then, I have...

Perhaps you missed the 'Can't say I've seen more than clips of the Ukraine playing'? You a great fan of Ukrainian football then? What channel are they on?

...and I'm saying he is a defensive midfielder, or box to box, not an attacking midfielder like Kevin or Foden.

So, is he box to box or a DM now?

Perhaps you missed the 'Can't say I've seen more than clips of the Ukraine playing'? You a great fan of Ukrainian football then? What channel are they on?

So, is he box to box or a DM now?
I'm referring to you watching clips, which is fine, but I've see him play full 90 minute games multiple times because I wanted to see him play.

Defensive midfield, or slightly more ahead as box to box (if midfield 2), minor differences but mostly defensive positions. He isnt a player like Isco, Kevin etc players who you would more clearly classify as attacking midfielders.

Why the sass and issue? I'm simply informing you about him, just because you lack knowledge about something doesn't mean you should be defensive about it. Rejoice in learning.

You havent seen Ukraine then, I have, and I'm saying he is a defensive midfielder, or box to box, not an attacking midfielder like Kevin or Foden.
Think i agree with this, he doesn't have the passing range of an 8 but he has the keep-ball ability of a 6. If he could add positional awareness then he could be a big possiblity there, not sure if Pep see's it that way though.

Again, he isnt an attacking midfielder.

You must have no understanding of positions if you think his issue as LB is why he cant play DM. Your basically saying Rodri and Gundogan can play RB because they can play DM, makes no sense.

He came to City as an attacking midfielder. He's played LB for 3 seasons. He has occasionally played at holding mid for Ukraine. He is not a defensive midfielder, and he is not good enough to be any type of midfielder in our squad.

He came to City as an attacking midfielder. He's played LB for 3 seasons. He has occasionally played at holding mid for Ukraine. He is not a defensive midfielder, and he is not good enough to be any type of midfielder in our squad.
He is a defensive midfielder, because that's where he plays best.

He's played attacking mid as a youth.
He's played left back for city.

Yet it's when he plays defensive mid for Ukraine that you see his best performances and his full abilities in use.

This is a pointless argument. You dont like the player and I do, that's it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.