Douglas Luiz

Started for Brazil and apparently had a brilliant game. Seems like an inevitability he'll be back next summer.

A season too late , should have got him in this summer!

CTID
I think the reality is he wouldn’t have played all that much. He’s better to keep maturing in a Villa side playing every week - see if he steps up as a leader in that side. There’s a lot to be said for training with better players but nothing quite replaces playing 30+ games in the PL.

I think the reality is he wouldn’t have played all that much. He’s better to keep maturing in a Villa side playing every week - see if he steps up as a leader in that side. There’s a lot to be said for training with better players but nothing quite replaces playing 30+ games in the PL.
Spot on.

Whoever we bring in next has to be the right choice,we cant keep getting such a crucial role wrong.

This season,in an improving Villa side,we should get to see if he's the real deal.

Still to be seen how he progresses as a player- for me as a ferna replacement its Kalvin phillips or Douglas.
Douglas obviously is a city player on loan but plays as a team of 2 holding player similar situation to rodri at athletico madrid, whereas kalvin phillips plays in a system similar to man city at leeds as a single holding midfielder and he is home grown.Both are players with potential.

Still to be seen how he progresses as a player- for me as a ferna replacement its Kalvin phillips or Douglas.
Douglas obviously is a city player on loan but plays as a team of 2 holding player similar situation to rodri at athletico madrid, whereas kalvin phillips plays in a system similar to man city at leeds as a single holding midfielder and he is home grown.Both are players with potential.
Not get kalvin Phillips . He is a Leeds lad and committed to them just as foden is to city .

Douglas isn't on loan, Villa bought him but we have a buy-back agreement in place, of course, not sure what happens if the player says he doesn't want to come back?

Douglas isn't on loan, Villa bought him but we have a buy-back agreement in place, of course, not sure what happens if the player says he doesn't want to come back?
If he doesn’t want to come back then I would imagine we don’t go for him . No point signing a player Who doesn’t want to be here .

Not get kalvin Phillips . He is a Leeds lad and committed to them just as foden is to city .
Phillips is a class act and would be a good replacement for Dhino eg mobile, good tackler and excellent distribution. But as you say he is Leeds lad and can't see him leaving anytime soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.