Doves

They played it the last time I saw them (at Manchester Central), but they didn't usually play it. Or I didn't remember it at the previous gigs I'd been to.

Hope some Doves fans on here will contribute on the Album nomination thread this week.
I've been playing their material all weekend, wish I had a vote (LOL), but just getting them out there was much needed with a few who hadn't heard them.

Thanks for posting the The Last Broadcast Documentary YouTube link, I really enjoyed that. :-)

Jimi out and about Friday at Piccadilly Records. Think this bodes well for future Doves stuff in the pipeline.

NightjaR (AKA Jimi Goodwin From Doves)
Album Launch
On Friday June 21st we excited to welcome Jimi Goodwin to the shop to celebrate the launch of his NightjaR album, 'Mala Leche'.

From 5pm he'll be doing a DJ set followed by a signing session.

About The Album
Blessing/curse. Division/unity. Love/hate. It’s in the context of a polarising 24-hour, digitised, globally connected world that NightjaR finds its wings. NightjaR being the nom-de-plume and smudged rainbow constellation of collaborative copy-and-paste sound-wrangling and hip-hop from Jimi Goodwin. But it’s here and it’s Mala Leche.

Mala Leche (Spanish: Bad Milk) is 16 tracks of beats and bars, vocals provided by some of the hip-hop artists at the very top of his own, personal home listening lists and interludes that throw back and forth through eras and genres in sometimes playful, occasionally awakeningly abrasive styles.

Don't forget if you are in town Jimi is in Pic records at 5pm, got the LP preordered and heading through town from work so if I am there in time will pick up today and hopefully catch some of his dj set.

Also gonna be at Wax & Beans in Bury tomorrow same time

I saw them at the Etihad in the car park in 2010, they were very good, even though the rain was terrible that night. I've seen them a few times since, i think one was at the City live thing in 2014, and it always seems to be at a free gig, which is weird.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.