Dowd

Handball looked a pen but Dowd has support from Robbie Fowler on MotD for Aguero going down. He was tugged twice but apparently not enough for a penalty!

Also think the linesman on the Colin Bell stand side should take some credit too, as he also missed the handball, but he could not see their keeper saving a shot by Aguero and give a goal kick, which was clearer and nearer ! Yet he managed to get his flag up very time a City player gave away a free kick ! Still Cty were poor today .

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
He should have been made to step down from being a ref years ago. He is so unfit he can't keep up with the ball. Questions should be asked why he did not give a pen for the 1st half handball. But saying that in the 2nd half we looked knackered. That midweek friendly did us in. Our owner has put millions into the club. But used us like a toy making the team take the midweek trip. So we can't just blame Dowd. Personally I blame Navas he is shit.

He clearly didn't see it for some unknown reason., he looked straight over to the linesman on the other side, who was in no position to see it.

On the handball, Dowd actually looked at his linesman!!
On the Sergio pen claim, he tugged him a few times but if you look at his feet he clip Sergios.

I'm no fan of Dowd, and feared the worst when he was appointed. Gave us little in the first half, but then seemed to give a lot of soft decisions our way in the second half, until the last five minutes. Anyone blaming him for our defeat today, though, is being ridiculous. We deserved to lose regardless of the ref. The linesman, on the East Stand side, was awful though.

When I saw he was the ref I said he'll make sure one of our main men misses the Chelsea game next week.
Yes I was wrong but ultimately he has a big say in every game he refs.
It's not just his decisions but his on field arrogance, which I hate.
People can say what they like about our performance, but Dowd failed to give us at least one pen (haven't seen the replays).
These are game changers, irrespective of our overall performance.

Ric said:
I'm no fan of Dowd, and feared the worst when he was appointed. Gave us little in the first half, but then seemed to give a lot of soft decisions our way in the second half, until the last five minutes. Anyone blaming him for our defeat today, though, is being ridiculous. We deserved to lose regardless of the ref. The linesman, on the East Stand side, was awful though.

If we had got the penalty we should have first half, we go in 1-0 up at half time & would most likely have won comfortably. Didn't play well today but the ref cost us heavily IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.