Dowd

The handball was a definite pen but I'm not sure Fat Phil had a clear view of it which is why he looked across to the linesman, The Aguero one looked soft to me, I'd have been annoyed if it was given against us.

The problem with today's refs is that they think that people are there to watch them and he is one of the biggest culprits. Always trying to be mates with players and trying to be laughing with them.
He had to lose two stone at the beginning of the season or he would have failed the preseason testing. He looks like he's put it back on and more.

Juan King said:
Ric said:
I'm no fan of Dowd, and feared the worst when he was appointed. Gave us little in the first half, but then seemed to give a lot of soft decisions our way in the second half, until the last five minutes. Anyone blaming him for our defeat today, though, is being ridiculous. We deserved to lose regardless of the ref. The linesman, on the East Stand side, was awful though.

If we had got the penalty we should have first half, we go in 1-0 up at half time & would most likely have won comfortably. Didn't play well today but the ref cost us heavily IMO.

Not sure he had a clear cut view of it, so can understand why it wasn't given. Regardless, we were outplayed today and deserved to lose.

How come there was only 4 minutes of extra time. 6 subs, two minutes celebrating each goal. Goalie taking an age on each kick. Player getting booked for time wasting but still only 4 minutes. By the way, Chelsea had 7 minutes to get an equaliser only for Bradford to get a fourth.

Ric said:
Juan King said:
Ric said:
I'm no fan of Dowd, and feared the worst when he was appointed. Gave us little in the first half, but then seemed to give a lot of soft decisions our way in the second half, until the last five minutes. Anyone blaming him for our defeat today, though, is being ridiculous. We deserved to lose regardless of the ref. The linesman, on the East Stand side, was awful though.

If we had got the penalty we should have first half, we go in 1-0 up at half time & would most likely have won comfortably. Didn't play well today but the ref cost us heavily IMO.

Not sure he had a clear cut view of it, so can understand why it wasn't given. Regardless, we were outplayed today and deserved to lose.

Correct

We could have had 3 penalties today. MoTD only showed 2 claims but I think the clearest one was Claytons in the first half that they didnt show. Dowd was unsighted for the handball and Claytons second half pulls and slight trip on Aguero could have been given?

For Claytons first half trip Dowd signalled he had won the ball when in reality he had just kicked the man. Dowd was well positioned for that one.

After Jose's rants about Dowd and his conspiracy claims against Chelsea we are unlikely to get any penalty given unless legs are broken?...

Biffo123 said:
Ric said:
Juan King said:

Correct

Not correct. Take nothing away from Boro but if the ref had got the decisions right we would have won the game. He missed not one, but three good penalty shouts. He's either incompetent or a cheat, either way he shouldn't be reffing top games.

We're not really here said:
Did my eyes deceive me or did Dowd celebrate Boro's second today? It looked like he almost did a dance. Not excusing the defeat or how absolutely shit we were but that fat bastard gave us nowt as per.

In the 38th or 39th minute he waved play on for a (probably non) City foul and when ‘boro’s attack broke down he had a visible little strop all of his own.
I’m not sure if he was peed off they hadn’t scored, or is so far up his own backside he thought his marvellous decision to play the advantage deserved a goal.
Probably a bit of both. Calling him arrogant is an understatement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.