Dowd

We seem to have the same discusssion most weeks who ever the ref is and in truth, deservably so as most weeks the officials are bordering on incompetant even when we win. Biggest issue for me is we are simply too nice.
Dont get me wrong i dont want us to be Utd and moan about everything, appeal for everything or like Mourino and slate refs every single time they drop points but we take it to the extreme being the nice guys.
We make the refs game very easy for them. Away we get fuck all as they know if they give us fuck all then they wont get grief off the home fans and we will not make any fuss for them.
Even at home they seem to not give us blatant decisions and then award a free kick against us for a slight touch, knowing again we wont moan, wont get in thier faces etc.
When you have up to 70 percent of the ball most games yet you have 3 times as many fouls given against you , you know its not even officiating.
Some of the non penalty decisions this year, the calls were so bad you wonder if they honestly can be that bad or is it something more, but then we had our manager recently come out after Mourino's rant about a campaign and actually praised the refs. Since then we have had that soft penalty v Arsenal and todays performance so again they take the easy options rather than the right ones knowing we will simply lube up for them and continue to accept such performances

hertsblue said:
We seem to have the same discusssion most weeks who ever the ref is and in truth, deservably so as most weeks the officials are bordering on incompetant even when we win. Biggest issue for me is we are simply too nice.
Dont get me wrong i dont want us to be Utd and moan about everything, appeal for everything or like Mourino and slate refs every single time they drop points but we take it to the extreme being the nice guys.
We make the refs game very easy for them. Away we get fuck all as they know if they give us fuck all then they wont get grief off the home fans and we will not make any fuss for them.
Even at home they seem to not give us blatant decisions and then award a free kick against us for a slight touch, knowing again we wont moan, wont get in thier faces etc.
When you have up to 70 percent of the ball most games yet you have 3 times as many fouls given against you , you know its not even officiating.
Some of the non penalty decisions this year, the calls were so bad you wonder if they honestly can be that bad or is it something more, but then we had our manager recently come out after Mourino's rant about a campaign and actually praised the refs. Since then we have had that soft penalty v Arsenal and todays performance so again they take the easy options rather than the right ones knowing we will simply lube up for them and continue to accept such performances

said this many times. what do we do wrong, foul ourselves ffs.

bluethrunthru said:
You can abuse the ref all you want fellas but we collectively got what we collectively deserved today - yes there was a handball and yes Kun seemed to be pushed over and he gave us neither but how many of us got a shiver when Boro came out of the hat thinking " shit thats a tricky tie" ? None of us did - we were dicked today and everybody at the club should be aware of what they do to turn things around before it becomes a slump then a slide....

It's not a case of abusing the ref. We have a right to expect a level of competence from a well-paid professional to adjudicate a game according to what goes on during play. My biggest gripe is yet another penalty, if not two, that just got waved away. We saw it from CBL3 and Dowd, five or six times nearer, decided it was one of those that might have been harsh, so he wasn't gonna give it. Harsh is not part of the Laws of the Game. Playing the ball with your hand inside the penalty area is an infringement. Funny how he can manufacture a handball when Micah gets hit on the leg by the ball! He is just another wanker who should not be anywhere near a football field! Soon as I knew this tosser had the whistle I knew we would be up against it if the game was a tight one! Just wait till his next game. There'll be the softest fucking penalty this side of melting ice cream.

I am biased to the nth degree but when are we gonna get a ref who SEES what goes on and has the courage to give what the Laws of the Game demand!

We might have been the beneficiary of some shite reffing over the last few seasons but, by God, it's outweighed by the crap we've had to swallow, domestically and continentally.

if dowd had given us the pen yesterday, the way we have been playing lately and the way their keeper was playing, we would have probably missed anyway, the referee was not the reason we got beat yesterday, shambolic defending and half hearted second half display seen to that

wilky2868 said:
if dowd had given us the pen yesterday, the way we have been playing lately and the way their keeper was playing, we would have probably missed anyway, the referee was not the reason we got beat yesterday, shambolic defending and half hearted second half display seen to that

had we scored boro's fight would have gone. totally different game with a proper ref. they knew the ref was in their pocket. their attitude proved it.

wilky2868 said:

Sergiooooo missed one against Spurs but scored the others. The way we have been playing has no fuckin' bearin' on a missing a penalty. It would be 'typical' City to have missed it, but we could have been three ahead by HT and hopefully game over.

Just one of those games where what you try doesn't come off, and our efforts, dismal at times, were not helped by Dowd waving away clear penalties.

The second one was hilarious. Pushed over in the box, not given, and ten seconds later the mildest contact extracts a free kick for Boro from the cnut! He's a serial tosser!

He is the great leveller old Phil Dowd, not only is he too unfit to ref Prem/Cup games he is a blatant cheat.

Saying that the media are completely disinterested and would probably encourage these bent refs to carry on the cheating.

I'm at a point where I cannot be arsed going if Dowd is the ref-that cannot be right can it?

just out of interest

since season 2011-12 dowd has reffed us 17 times

won 11
drew 3
lost 3

the losses

the charity shield v utd
2-4 v villa in the league cup
and yesterday

tonea2003 said:
just out of interest

won 11
drew 3
lost 3

the losses

the charity shield v utd
and yesterday

The fact that we have won eleven times doesn't change a thing. How many decisions prevented us from getting a cricket score? I think he has been shit for several seasons and not just when he's reffing City. He is a typical PiGMOL apparatchik who hides behind the barriers the FA and PiGMOL erect to sweep incompetence under the carpet. He might have had a good season, some time in the Dark Ages, and he might have been the best performer on a pitch at one time, but those moments when his eyesight was adequate and his fitness level appropriate, are long disappearing into the mists of time.

There isn't a good referee to be had, unless we start importing continental refs and let Johnny Foreigner have the likes of Taylor, Attwell, Jones, Oliver, Crappenberg, Dowd, and latest contender for duffer of the day, Mike Dean. The pen he gave against VK last week and the foul on Aguero that Dowd waved away, let alone the fuckin' disgrace of a decision that Jones manufactured against Soton just makes me think that no matter how much money you spend assembling a squad, no matter how hard you work, no matter how much support you give yer team, it's all pissed up the wall when someone like Dowd has his fingers on the whistle.

tonea2003 said:
just out of interest

won 11
drew 3
lost 3

the losses

the charity shield v utd
and yesterday
Have you deliberately missed the league cup semi, probably included it as a draw, as we were doing ok until fat fill introduced the new concept of handball from a wicked deflection

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.