download advice

Challenger1978 said:
eshiers1 said:
starting to get quicker...upto nearly 40...i will keep this running, should get quicker and quicker, hopefully!

It should do mate.

Hmm BTW what ISP are you with ?, also what port are you using in microtorrent ?. Also is it a router or modem you're using.
must admit i have no idea what you are talking about!

eshiers1 said:
Challenger1978 said:
eshiers1 said:
starting to get quicker...upto nearly 40...i will keep this running, should get quicker and quicker, hopefully!

It should do mate.

Hmm BTW what ISP are you with ?, also what port are you using in microtorrent ?. Also is it a router or modem you're using.
must admit i have no idea what you are talking about!

Lmao ok.

Who do you get you're internet off.

In Microtorrent if you click on options, then prefferences, then connection. In the white box near Listening port what is the number.

BTW what speed you getting now ?.

eshiers1 said:
Virgin

and its now 20kb/s

so its slowed :(

Do you have a box inbetween your PC and the little virgin modem? e.g. a hub or wireless router

If so you need to ensure that port 60216 is open and ideally enable port forwarding is active to your PC.

hello said:
eshiers1 said:
Virgin

and its now 20kb/s

so its slowed :(

Do you have a box inbetween your PC and the little virgin modem? e.g. a hub or wireless router

If so you need to ensure that port 60216 is open and ideally enable port forwarding is active to your PC.

yeah a wireless router...but my comp is connected to it by a wire...how do i ensure that port 60216 is open etc?!

What type of router is it, D-link / netgear etc

Basically they nearly all have a web interface accessed by typing in the default gateway addreess e.g. http:\\192.168.0.254
If you dont know your gateway address open command prompt and type ipconfig /all and it will show you a load of ip info incl gateway.

Before you do this however most clients will have a tool to chack the port is open or close on the page you got the port number from so have a butchers on there for a port check (or similar) button and give that a go first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.