download advice

hello said:
The default Ip address on belkins is 192.168.2.1

U/N admin

Password blank

So open up internet Explorer/firefox

and bang in http:\\192.168.2.1

You will get an orange\black web page varying on model you need to select firewall settings and then port forwarding.

Basically add port forward rule 61210 to your PC/laptops IP address or name (varies on model)

argh it still needs a password...will this be the internet key??!

hello said:
The default Ip address on belkins is 192.168.2.1

U/N admin

Password blank

So open up internet Explorer/firefox

and bang in http:\\192.168.2.1

You will get an orange\black web page varying on model you need to select firewall settings and then port forwarding.

Basically add port forward rule 61210 to your PC/laptops IP address or name (varies on model)

Over to you fella you deffo know what your doing, eisher your in safe hands mate.

If you have never accessed the router the password will be blank, otherwise it will whatever you set it to when you plug it in and through the wizzard (Non insulting assumption made there)

its not blank

it says below the box default = leave blank

and its not any combination of those words...or passowrd!

oh well!

and when i hover over the yellow triangle on utorrent it says unless the icon turns green it could indicate a problem with your connection

could it be because it was all working well at uni (thats where i downloaded the programme) and now i have brought the computer home, and its a different connection, the settings are wrong??

Try <a class="postlink" href="http://slagdog.mybrute.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://slagdog.mybrute.com</a>

eshiers1 said:
i am trying to download some episodes of 24...but its going at 0-2kbps

i just ran a download speed test which said i had 1744kbps

so why is my download so slow??

any help would be appreciated!!

ta

I use BitComet, but what you have to remember is that most of the people youll be leeching off will be American, and they are anywhere betheen 5 and 8 hours behind us. Leave your pc on overnight and it will speed up while you are asleep

Without being able to get into your router it would be hard/ nay on immpossible.

As your only occasionally downloading, I would go witht he interim solution of plugging straight into your Virgin box whilst downloading. (Just remember to reboot the virgin box everytime you swap the wires over)

Anyhow my working day is done and the pub is calling.

Good Luck and enjoy 24. ( I really liked the series although the ending was a bit naff)

eshiers1 said:
its not blank

it says below the box default = leave blank

and its not any combination of those words...or passowrd!

oh well!

and when i hover over the yellow triangle on utorrent it says unless the icon turns green it could indicate a problem with your connection

could it be because it was all working well at uni (thats where i downloaded the programme) and now i have brought the computer home, and its a different connection, the settings are wrong??

From what you've just said there mate its deffo a port problem, all you need to do is portforward the port that you use in microtorrent and you'll be laughing its that simple. If you could get into your router it would take you a 30 seconds at most to do it, its just bloody getting in it that seems to be the problem.

If you could find out what the exact make and model of your router is (look at the sticker and writing on it) you might be able to find the master password of the net or phone up the manufactorer and ask them for it.

hello said:
Without being able to get into your router it would be hard/ nay on immpossible.

As your only occasionally downloading, I would go witht he interim solution of plugging straight into your Virgin box whilst downloading. (Just remember to reboot the virgin box everytime you swap the wires over)

Anyhow my working day is done and the pub is calling.

Good Luck and enjoy 24. ( I really liked the series although the ending was a bit naff)

I don't get that one, why would pluging directly into the virgin box help, as surley the port would still be blocked ?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.