Drinking whiskey in the afternoon

I've just bought this off Amazon £36, absolute bargain for a 46.3% bottling and as you say completely different from most other Islays, nice blend of sweet and smoke without being overly intrusive in either. I did open it for the Norwich game though which soured the taste slightly

I love it, will definitely be having it as a regular on my shelf. Ardbeg 10 is on offer at Tesco for £37 for the next three or four days. Picked up a bottle this evening.

I’ve never been a fan of whiskey since I drunk half a bottle of Bells aged 13 (33 years ago) and spent the rest of the evening cuddling the toilet! Anyhow, Inspired by this thread I went out and bought a Spey whiskey from Aldi. It had great reviews and had won some awards. Just took my first slip expecting something wonderful to happen......fucking horrible! You bunch of liars .

At least city are winning!

I’ve never been a fan of whiskey since I drunk half a bottle of Bells aged 13 (33 years ago) and spent the rest of the evening cuddling the toilet! Anyhow, Inspired by this thread I went out and bought a Spey whiskey from Aldi. It had great reviews and had won some awards. Just took my first slip expecting something wonderful to happen......fucking horrible! You bunch of liars .

Thats scotch for ya....go get a standard bottle of Jameson!

Jesuuuuuuuus!

I appear to have nearly done a bottle, with coke since around 5pm. Been a long time but it tastes great!

Currently have a bottle of Bunnahabhain 12 opened, amongst others. Great stuff and totally different to the other Islays.

Beautiful whisky. I’m a bit of an Islay fanatic and Bunnahabhain is right up there with Lagavulin distillers edition as the nicest I’ve ever had. I visited Bunnhabhain distillery and it’s really stunning - quite remote and you can see the shore of Jura across the water.

Mcfcphil is one of the few on this thread who talks sense. Islay whiskies are wonderful, esp. Lagavulin, as he says.

Well said Phil. Those who think whisky is rubbish are undiscerning barbarians. They probably drink "lager".

I'm trying to knock it on the head as I get older, but I love drinking from mid-morning through to early evening. Almost never have a hangover the next day when I do that, either. Some of my best days out started at 11am and finished at 8pm. Love getting hammered in the afternoon

It will probably be the death of me one day, and so I've got to try and push that date back as far as my predilections will allow, hence me trying to reign it in.

With some people, booze only seems to make them unhappy, or angry. Not me, I love the stuff. Love being pissed. Makes me happy 95% of the time, which is a great ratio.
The older I get, the earlier I like to start boozing. The key is getting enough quality “feather” and, like you, a good booze and bed by 8pm has seen some fantastic days (mainly at the match).
PS it’s "rein in" ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.