Driving tour of Ireland

The Ring of Kerry. I'll leave the jokes to others.
^^^ start from Macroom, do the ring, go west from Killorglin and around the Dingle peninsula to Tarbert and get the ferry to Killimer in Clare and then do the Cliffs of Moher.

September might not be too bad but October will be miserable. But you can never tell. If it’s an Indian summer then the road to Dingle is spectacular. (Lovely beach on the way too - Inch)

And again if you have the weather, the ring of Kerry with Killarney as a base so you can walk up beyond Torc waterfall, around Mucross and Ross castles. All great days out if the weather is kind to ya. But it’s unlikely to be unfortunately - cos it’s evil. ( sure we can pray for a tad more global warming)
I did the walk up Torc waterfall on Saturday, few jars in Killarney after, got the weather so really enjoyed it.

As has been said, I’d go September instead of October. Fly in to Cork, go south to Kinsale and along the West Cork coast.
From there, head to Kerry, visiting Kenmare, travel along the ring of Kerry and then finish in Dingle.
I’m in a place called Caherdaniel on the ring of Kerry currently, it has a spectacular beach and some great walks if that’s your thing, about an hour from Killarney, which also has an airport nearby.

I may well. The alternative is to head off in May/June and get some fishing on Corrib or such like. Those wild browns look bloody amazing. You been?
Couple of times mate. Salmon on the Blackwater and Erriff. Lovely rivers.

Not too bad. What are the costs of hotels and BnB’s, similar to here or more expensive? Never been anywhere but Dublin and Belfast, with Dublin always an expensive place to drink.
Depends where you stay, if you're going to stay in Killarney, Kenmare or Dingle it's pricey, especially between May and August, if you're more flexible about where you stay it's not too pricey.

Depends where you stay, if you're going to stay in Killarney, Kenmare or Dingle it's pricey, especially between May and August, if you're more flexible about where you stay it's not too pricey.

As long as it’s clean I don’t mind, especially since you only sleep there. Is the drink prices similar to Dublin everywhere in Ireland?

As long as it’s clean I don’t mind, especially since you only sleep there. Is the drink prices similar to Dublin everywhere in Ireland?
Not as bad, but not cheap, yet again Killarney or Dingle €5 and up a pint, everywhere else €4-€5.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.