Drones

I have to agree, I really don't see the appeal, unlike remote control planes and boat, where you build your favourite model as a hobby and then see it in full flight what's the point?

Can understand their practical use in professional circumstances (fire/rescue, searching high or tight spaces) but for leisure? Personally unless they are soaring above scenic places for an eagle eyed view as in those vids, in an urban setting they are intrusive pests.

Each to their own I suppose, but if someones drone entered my back yard it would be getting a cricket bat to it.
You can buy a kit drone and build it yourself. I know a guy who did and it worked out at half the price of a factory assembled model.

You can buy a kit drone and build it yourself. I know a guy who did and it worked out at half the price of a factory assembled model.

That sounds like a hobby tbf so can understand, and for photography in extraordinary place or at special angles, but seems like something I would be bored with after a month.

That sounds like a hobby tbf so can understand, and for photography in extraordinary place or at special angles, but seems like something I would be bored with after a month.

Titty spotting in back gardens in Summer.
Spooking air traffic controllers.
Dropping nails on the pitch at the swamp.
Casing a joint prior to robbing it.

You just need to use your imagination.

I got a DJI Mavic Pro and i love it.
I want to buy a drop mechanism for it as it is my intention to drop a City flag on my dipper mates roof.
They have a range of 6-7 km on a full battery charge.(about 24 mins, can fly up to 40mph i think.

If you like your sea fishing you can use them to drop your bait and your line as far out as you want with the drop mechanism.

They are an amazing piece of kit, not cheap but i reasoned its the cost of a new iPhone so i wont upgrade my phone this year.

The return to home function is superb, if you lose sight of it then you press the button, it will rise to the RTH height and come back to you.
It will land within a meter of where it took off from.
They are rock solid in strong winds and the picture quality is superb.
The prices are coming down as its been replaced with a Mavic Pro 2 which has a better camera.

We are doing a new extension at home, i have been taking various aerial shots throughout the build.

Have a look at this guy how he flies his drone using FPV goggles (first person view)

I started with a Syma X5SW , cheapo . I got it from Maplins half price for £75
I bought a few batteries to go with it. Flight time 12 mins, the camera is not as good as the Mavic but its good to start with.
I flew it about 3-4 times on the beach , watched a load of YouTube on drones and went for the Mavic so the Syma is never used now.
I would take an offer on it as i wont use it again if anyone is interested.

I got a DJI Mavic Pro and i love it.
I want to buy a drop mechanism for it as it is my intention to drop a City flag on my dipper mates roof.
They have a range of 6-7 km on a full battery charge.(about 24 mins, can fly up to 40mph i think.

If you like your sea fishing you can use them to drop your bait and your line as far out as you want with the drop mechanism.

They are an amazing piece of kit, not cheap but i reasoned its the cost of a new iPhone so i wont upgrade my phone this year.

The return to home function is superb, if you lose sight of it then you press the button, it will rise to the RTH height and come back to you.
It will land within a meter of where it took off from.
They are rock solid in strong winds and the picture quality is superb.
The prices are coming down as its been replaced with a Mavic Pro 2 which has a better camera.

We are doing a new extension at home, i have been taking various aerial shots throughout the build.

Have a look at this guy how he flies his drone using FPV goggles (first person view)

I started with a Syma X5SW , cheapo . I got it from Maplins half price for £75
I bought a few batteries to go with it. Flight time 12 mins, the camera is not as good as the Mavic but its good to start with.
I flew it about 3-4 times on the beach , watched a load of YouTube on drones and went for the Mavic so the Syma is never used now.
I would take an offer on it as i wont use it again if anyone is interested.

impressive, and with no physical risk :) I've seen the mavic in use, but im not shelling out a grand on a whim........I don't think.....

Gatwick closed all night due to some
Stupid fucker flying one too close to the airport.

I don’t see the point of these at all. They look like an accident waiting to happen. I’m surprised they haven’t already caused a plane crash and at some point I think they will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.