Dublin and the ROI

Could this lady visiting Dublin restart the troubles again, or is this normal Irish behaviour?

Showed this to my son who does bar work.
Asked if he’d ever seen anything like this.

He said he served two Eastern European young wans in the centre of town once.
They ordered a Pint of Guinness and then got two straws and started drinking it between them.
When they ordered another he said he wouldn’t give them two straws as it was just wrong.

Showed this to my son who does bar work.
Asked if he’d ever seen anything like this.

He said he served two Eastern European young wans in the centre of town once.
They ordered a Pint of Guinness and then got two straws and started drinking it between them.
When they ordered another he said he wouldn’t give them two straws as it was just wrong.
Bet he’s served all sorts. Back in my bartending days, I had a guy who drank lager with a shot of orange cordial in it.

Guinness being a chip dip seems another level of bizarre though.

Bet he’s served all sorts. Back in my bartending days, I had a guy who drank lager with a shot of orange cordial in it.

Guinness being a chip dip seems another level of bizarre though.
As long as it’s her own.
Girls who used to want to dip their finger in the creamy head of your pint, never lasted long, back in my heyday.
Wives know a lot better than to try it.

Can only echo pretty much everything you've said about Dublin, and have been a good few times over the last 10 years.

Temple bar is a huge tourist attraction, but most bars are now laden with stag/hen parties, which I've no problem with having been on one myself there, but does then take away the authenticity of the City.

Went to Belfast less than a month ago and found it to be quite the opposite. Seemed nice and quiet, with more more of a local atmosphere about it. Found a few lovely restaurants for evening meals, and couldn't recommend the Duke of York enough for a pint of the black stuff and an even better atmosphere.
In the past year I've done day trips with my daughter from Manchester to both Belfast (for the first time) and Dublin (visited years ago).
Even though I enjoyed both I have to say I preffered Belfast (wasn't on the piss, so not going by pubs). Belfast I found to be a really interesting and and it seemed to have more character and a lot more unique . Dublin perhaps felt a bit more touristy and perhaps a bit 'generic'.
Having said this and at the risk of slightly contradicting myself (re the touristy bit) I bet a night out in The Temple bar would be a lively night out. A night out in The Cathedral quarter (I think? ) would be a good one too
in Belfast.
Obviously you can't really judge a place by just one day. Both places I thought were well worth visiting and in time I'd like to see more of Irish countryside on both sides of the border.

Just come back from a few days in the ROI and Dublin. Hadn't been to Dublin for about 30 years. Iast time I was there I remember thinking the City centre was quite small, not much bigger than Manchester, may have just been my impression. This time it seems alot bigger and had clearly grown in the last 30 years. Like last time it was and still is a very welcoming place to visit although a tad expensive at 7 euros for a pint of Smithwicks, more in Temple Bar apparently. Seemed much more touristy than last time. Sadly I was a bit shocked at the amount of homeless people begging , seemed to me that there were many more than in Manchester and London. The standard of busking needs to improve aswell as there were some pretty awful singers on show. But on a serious note we had a really lovely time.

We spent some time at a loveley wedding in Westmeath, I thought I could drink, clearly not compared to some lol.

I've been to the North many times the past 30 years and was in Belfast a few months back, again a City on the up.

If you haven't been to Ireland, I would highly recommend you go.

Its because it keeps Doublin'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.