Dublin and the ROI

Wicklow is gorgeous. I would recommend Enniskerry. Some incredible walks lots of nice quiet pubs and restaurants. Enniskerry is more mountainous but your close to places like powerscourt and Glendalough. Both well worth the walk. If you fancy something more costal Greystones/Delganey is nice.

Also other spots in that direction, south East of Dublin Waterford and Wexford both very different but equally lovely.
Thank you. I’ll have a look. We’ve done Kilmore Quay before in Wexford which I loved but will check out your other suggestions in Wicklow.

I would strongly recommend Galway or the west in General. Weather is shit, but if you get a decent day one best places in the world.
Agree, loved Galway and the bay when I went, had some amazing food at the black rock cottage by the diving platform.

Serious question (not wumming you); what do most Dubs think of that, er, structure? I'm not sure about it, to be honest. In isolation, it looks impressive. I'm just not sure it fits in with the buildings in the area.
Well they keep it clean. Best you can say. It’s pointless….
So even as a syringe, where’s the point?

It’s a syringe….
Which was a big disappointment when commissioned.

We had a tradition of naming our monuments and statues things like, Molly Malone would be, The tart with the cart.
The Anna Livia statue is The hooer (whore) in the sewer.

What rhymes with Syringe?
Minge?
Cringe?
We were quite limited.
Stiffy by the liffey was decent tbf.

We go every February. Leitrim, Cork, Galway the last three. Think it’s Wicklow next February if anyone has any good hotel recommendations. Love the place. My favourite is Connemara. It’s stunning.

I want to drive the Wild Atlantic Way route soon and will plan hotels in the new year.
Agree about Connemara, amazing place on the edge of Europe.

Serious question (not wumming you); what do most Dubs think of that, er, structure? I'm not sure about it, to be honest. In isolation, it looks impressive. I'm just not sure it fits in with the buildings in the area.
Meant to say, WUM away.
Aguero has the right idea.
Give as good as you get.

Mahahide, Portmarnock, Howth, Sutton around to Clontarf. All the coastal north side of Dublin.
Big houses, big money.
Malahide, Howth both great gastro and upmarket pubs and cafe towns.
Big houses and big money yes. My Aunt in Portmarnock is a retired Architect, her
husband too and the other Aunt is well off as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.