Due on upgrade on phone.

ono

I currently have an I-phone 4s which has served me fairly well.

My contract is up now so i am due an upgrade. I'm basically looking at the Samsung Galaxy 5, the I-Phone 5s, the Sony Xperia Z2 and the HTC One m8.

My other option is just to cancel and buy a sim for £12.99 which would give me 'all i can eat' data, 5000 texts and 200 minutes, which would suit me fine, but i'd be stuck with the 4s, which in truth, is doing my head in a bit now due to the battery being a bit naff.

So any ideas on what upgrade to go for?

Who's got what?

I was in the same boat as you mate upgraded to a 5s.wish I,d stuck with me old phone now.its the same phone and the battery life is shite.why don,t you get a SIM card and hang on for the 6s.

I have the HTC M8 and its a beauty of a phone . I had a galaxy before but in comparison the Samsung are cheap and plasticy. The Samsung used to get slow and laggy quite often too.

The M8 is fast as fuck and has a great battery life. Definitely gets my vote.

ono said:

My contract is up now so i am due an upgrade. I'm basically looking at the Samsung Galaxy 5, the I-Phone 5s, the Sony Xperia Z2 and the HTC One m8.

My other option is just to cancel and buy a sim for £12.99 which would give me 'all i can eat' data, 5000 texts and 200 minutes, which would suit me fine, but i'd be stuck with the 4s, which in truth, is doing my head in a bit now due to the battery being a bit naff.

Who's got what?
If you think the battery life is poor on the iPhone, wait until you use the HTC! I use a OneX (not as all singing, all dancing as the m8), and it is a way better phone to use than the iPhone. A lot easier to personalise (ringtones, notification tones etc) and way more apps out there than Apple has to offer. But the battery life is criminal on the OneX. Even fairly light use will have you down in single figure percentage left in the evening. It's the only area where the iPhone is better.

I have an xperia z mate, slickest phone on the market imo, looks cool as fuck and it is powerful in equal measure.
The z1 is even better and i have used it but decided to wait for the z2 which i get next week.
The camera is spot on and google now is surpassing siri due to the fact it has updates coming in every month as opposed to apples annual update for siri.

Sony have really got their shit together recently with this series of phones imo.

In fact i am going to youtube and tech sites to see some reviews now a few will have had it to use proper.

ManuelPellegrini said:
I have the HTC M8 and its a beauty of a phone . I had a galaxy before but in comparison the Samsung are cheap and plasticy. The Samsung used to get slow and laggy quite often too.

The M8 is fast as fuck and has a great battery life. Definitely gets my vote.

Glad to hear that, just upgraded from Samsung S3 to a HTC One M8, have you got the dot view case? been getting stick but the idea for it is unique

jimharri said:
ono said:

Who's got what?
If you think the battery life is poor on the iPhone, wait until you use the HTC! I use a OneX (not as all singing, all dancing as the m8), and it is a way better phone to use than the iPhone. A lot easier to personalise (ringtones, notification tones etc) and way more apps out there than Apple has to offer. But the battery life is criminal on the OneX. Even fairly light use will have you down in single figure percentage left in the evening. It's the only area where the iPhone is better.
Haha that worries me. The way my battery behaves, you'd think it was responsible for powering my street. It's shocking.

ono said:
I'm leaning towards the HTC to be honest. What's the camera like on it? That's the only thing that's nagging me.

My photography knowledge is minimal. However when researching the M8 I was expecting it to be shocking. I've got to say there's nothing wrong with it and more than suits my needs.

Get yourself to town and have a look at one like I did... I played with one for about 2mins and I was sold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.