Dunne and Dusted

Bluemoon115 said:
This looks wrong, and it's not just because of the shite photoshop.

dunnevilla.jpg

Yea, because it's last season's kit ;)

think people are getting their feelinds on dunne as an individual as a player and as ap erson completely mixed up

as a footballer he is nowhere near good enough for our club. he hasnt been for the last 2/3 years so nevermind where we want to go

as a person hes been as loyal as they come and a brilliant servant and for that i am truly greatful. would of liked to of seen him get a testemonial but sentiment has no place in a football side

Itis the right thing to do, we are moving on to the next level and Dunne simply is not good enough for that level. He has done a superb job for us over the years but times are changing and we need to move on. I for one am happy with the move and would like to say thanks to Richard Dunne for the passion and effort he has given our club, good luck at Villa ( except when you play City!)

foley87 said:
think people are getting their feelinds on dunne as an individual as a player and as ap erson completely mixed up

as a footballer he is nowhere near good enough for our club. he hasnt been for the last 2/3 years so nevermind where we want to go

as a person hes been as loyal as they come and a brilliant servant and for that i am truly greatful. would of liked to of seen him get a testemonial but sentiment has no place in a football side

Oh it does.

It might not have a place in the decision making (nobody is really arguing against the transfer), but there's no reason to not be sintimental on a forum.

some of our newer fans won't recognise the contribution dunnie has made. Just because we can go and get who we want now doesn't mean we should forget our roots, nor should we.
The truth...... dunnie isn't at the level we need now and Hughes right to sign toure and lescott. But I wish him well at his new club and he will get a big cheer when he comes back. A city legend isn't determined from playing ability alone. Look at the goat, its about wearing the shirt with pride.

Good luck dunnie!

For 3 years he was easily the best player.....in a bad team

In the bad old days a real hero/ warrior

I guess at end of the day not good enough now for where we want to be, but people are sounding like rags saying good riddance. Its a little pathetic

Put him in there with dickov, Goater, Horlock and Morrison for getting us into and maintaining our place in the prem.

Short short memories

Farewell Dunnie, my thoughts, thanks and very best wishes go with you.
I hope you will be appreciated where you are going, you certainly deserve it.
You gave of your very best whilst at City, but a certain element still found you wanting.
Martin O'Neill is a fine judge of a good player and I know you will not let him or the Villa fans down. You may not have the "flair" of a Brazilian, but you never went "missing" during away games in the dark afternoons of December, January and February. You have been a part of the real City for many years, not so good as some, but a hell of a lot better than many.Through it all you gave it everything you had and no one could ask for more from you.
May the footballing gods shine on you for many years to come.

blue ranger said:
some of our newer fans won't recognise the contribution dunnie has made. Just because we can go and get who we want now doesn't mean we should forget our roots, nor should we.
The truth...... dunnie isn't at the level we need now and Hughes right to sign toure and lescott. But I wish him well at his new club and he will get a big cheer when he comes back. A city legend isn't determined from playing ability alone. Look at the goat, its about wearing the shirt with pride.

Good luck dunnie!

Ditto. He has my best wishes. Glad he has gone to a decent club. Hope on May 1st he rediscovers his own goal touch! :-)

Good luck Dunnie

Dunne wasn't horrible but didn't perform week in and week out enough to be a starter. Would of made a great squad player plus City could of used Dunne's size and strength.

Farewell Dunnie, my thoughts, thanks and very best wishes go with you.
I hope you will be appreciated where you are going, you certainly deserve it.
You gave of your very best whilst at City, but a certain element still found you wanting.
Martin O'Neill is a fine judge of a good player and I know you will not let him or the Villa fans down. You may not have the "flair" of a Brazilian, but you never went "missing" during away games in the dark afternoons of December, January and February. You have been a part of the real City for many years, not so good as some, but a hell of a lot better than many.Through it all you gave it everything you had and no one could ask for more from you.
May the footballing gods shine on you for many years to come.

Couldn't have put it better myself, agree with every word, go with your head held high and all my best wishes for the future, you were loyal to our club when the club was in turmoil and others went for pastures new.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.