Dunne and Dusted

Bonol said:
A lot of our defensive problems last year were due to our shape as a team. When we lost the ball in attacking positions our back four immediately comes under pressure due to no midfield cover. I have a bad feeling about this Lescott transfer. I have never noticed the guy and we pay 24 million for him. I think Dunne is one of the better CB in the prem, O neil must be laughing his socks off.

Dunne may be one of the better or the best CBs but he has a problem with the high ball. One of our major problems has been lack of aerial power at the back, in open play and at set pieces. Lescott will help remedy this weakness. IMO

All the best Dunnie.
His best years may be behind him,
but I remeber some tremendous Man of the Match
performances from him and they were when we needed
them.
Hope you have a great future except for when playing us.

I didnt think there would be any bad days in the transfer window this summer but I have to say this is one. Richard Dunne will always be a city legend for me. I dont blame him for moving especially in a World Cup year (not that we have anyone better at CB) and I dont blame Hughes for selling but this is a sad day.

All the best Richie and thank you for your loyalty!

bluebrickroad said:
Farewell Dunnie, my thoughts, thanks and very best wishes go with you.
I hope you will be appreciated where you are going, you certainly deserve it.
You gave of your very best whilst at City, but a certain element still found you wanting.
Martin O'Neill is a fine judge of a good player and I know you will not let him or the Villa fans down. You may not have the "flair" of a Brazilian, but you never went "missing" during away games in the dark afternoons of December, January and February. You have been a part of the real City for many years, not so good as some, but a hell of a lot better than many.Through it all you gave it everything you had and no one could ask for more from you.
May the footballing gods shine on you for many years to come.

Excellent post!

Sorry read a lot of sad, pathetic and frankly unconvincing platitudes and compliments, fact Distin never made it to the top due to his concentration levels hence why he ended up at Portsmouth, Dunne bailled him out on more than 50 occasions, Distin admittedly, looked silkier on the ball, however Dunne was 4 times player of the year.

Dunne kept us in Prem not Distin.

Dunne is not over the hill, he had one crap year, Lescott conceded 6 against Arsenal 1st day of season. We conceded 8 against Middborough!!? (How) Strike action.

This is World Cup year, he is club captain, how anyone can say his best years are behind him at 29 are beyond me. Ireland will qualify, there will be many suspensions and injuries this year and we just lost the one man who understands this club inside and out.

Quinninho said:
bluebrickroad said:
Farewell Dunnie, my thoughts, thanks and very best wishes go with you.
I hope you will be appreciated where you are going, you certainly deserve it.
You gave of your very best whilst at City, but a certain element still found you wanting.
Martin O'Neill is a fine judge of a good player and I know you will not let him or the Villa fans down. You may not have the "flair" of a Brazilian, but you never went "missing" during away games in the dark afternoons of December, January and February. You have been a part of the real City for many years, not so good as some, but a hell of a lot better than many.Through it all you gave it everything you had and no one could ask for more from you.
May the footballing gods shine on you for many years to come.

The 'real City'? Wtf is that supposed to mean? Would you rather us be fighting relegation every year? Prick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.