Dunne and Dusted

Farewell Captain Calamity, hope you get all you wanted and the best of luck in the rest of you career. Hope you do well at Villa except, when you play us, and finish second behind City. See you at Wembley

I'm sad to see him go as I'd have loved to see him stay to see us win our first proper trophy... but I can completely understand why he's gone and I wish him the best of luck.

He is sure to get a warm welcome when he returns to eastlands, hopefully he'll end up scoring an own goal! I hope he does well at Villa (so long as they finish behind us).

Dunnie is the symbol of how we have moved on, a really good middle to lower part of the table player, but never someone that would help you get to the very highest level. Good luck to him and I hope he has a few good years left in him.

Going to miss

His commitment
Last ditch tackles
Our Longest serving player .
His Zidane like runs at the opposition

Not going to miss

Stupid Sendings Off
Slicing the ball into his own net etc
His 50 yard punts from the back to no one

Good luck to him at Villa he was Mr City but he was getting 50 grand a week for it .

2ekk9ad.jpg

ozzie2920 said:
Going to miss

His commitment
Last ditch tackles
Our Longest serving player .
His Zidane like runs at the opposition

Not going to miss

Stupid Sendings Off
Slicing the ball into his own net etc
His 50 yard punts from the back to no one

Good luck to him at Villa he was Mr City but he was getting 50 grand a week for it .

Based on last season I can't think of anything I'd miss.

sdm said:
Good luck Richard Dunne ,hope you have a good few years at villa. You stayed with us when we were total dogshite,loyalty goes a long way with city fans.4 years player of the year says it all.A very good player who will do a job at most clubs,unfortunatly not the way we are going. Our captain,our inspiration,our leader.Gone but truly never ever forgotton.Richard Dunne we salute you.

A terrific post, well said, put my sentiments into words. It is nice to see MH pay proper tribute, 9 years deserves a proper farewell. It's just a shame us fans could not say farewell to him on his last appearance for us, but life moves on.

Below is the words of our Manager Mark Hughes, which I and I am sure most fans applaud.

Richard Dunne has finally completed his £6m move to Aston Villa, after the Premier League ratified the signing. The Republic of Ireland international made 345 appearances for the Blues, and won an unprecedented four successive player of the year awards.

Manager Mark Hughes paid tribute to the popular centre half.

“Richard has been outstanding for Manchester City. He is the ultimate professional and has served the club magnificently. Winning the player of the year award for four consecutive years tells you everything about him. We all wish him well for his future career at Aston Villa," he said.

“It would have been difficult for Dunney to stay given his standing at the club and I understand that. I wasn’t going to stand in his way. I could have tried to stop him going and said I wanted him as a squad player but out of respect for what he has done for City I wasn’t going to do that.

“Not only has Richard performed exceptionally well for this club over the years but he has been a terrific ambassador and is a inspiring person who commands the respect of everyone. He has conducted himself in a impressive manner throughout my time here and way beyond that.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.