Dunne and Dusted

I feel sad, but I also feel its the best decision for both parties - he would no longer be a regular starter, and therefore would no longer be the regular Captain - he needs to move to a Club where he is an integral part of the team, and that situation no longer exists for him at City.

I will always have fond memories of him as a player, but the time had come for him to leave - that's the cost of progress, unfortunately.

He's not the best,, but he's been a good servant to our club and i'm a little sad he's going......will get applause from me when he comes back with Villa....

A shame,he's been a great player for us but something had to give and i'm glad its not Neddy.This is a fantastic move for Dunne,one which he deserves,i wish him all the best(and hope he makes one of his almightly cock ups when we next play em!)

TBH anyone? please?!!

Optimus Prime said:
I feel sad, but I also feel its the best decision for both parties - he would no longer be a regular starter, and therefore would no longer be the regular Captain - he needs to move to a Club where he is an integral part of the team, and that situation no longer exists for him at City.

I will always have fond memories of him as a player, but the time had come for him to leave - that's the cost of progress, unfortunately.

unfortunately its more the cost of two fullbacks having a nightmare season and dunne trying to cover for them, richards last season lost the plot, bridge lack of match fitness after playing so little first team football add to that playing witha new back four, what on earth did any one expect

I'm sad to see him go actually. He was the one constant through the last few years. Perhaps all those players of the season sums up our problems in that there wasn't much choice but you know he cared. Like us, he was loyal in bad times and always gave his best - it's for others to judge if that was good enough.

I worry for him actually coz I don't think the Villa fans will be as patient with him over his 'moments' and he could become a whipping boy. He wouldn't deserve that.

Oh poo. I really didn't want this.

Every time I see TBH's stupid face I'm going to think why are you still here and our monster isn't? :-(

r.soleofsalford said:
Optimus Prime said:

unfortunately its more the cost of two fullbacks having a nightmare season and dunne trying to cover for them, richards last season lost the plot, bridge lack of match fitness after playing so little first team football add to that playing witha new back four, what on earth did any one expect

That's undoubtedly true, but the fact is that Hughes has brought in Toure and Lescott to be his first choice Centre Back pairing therefore Dunnie would no longer have been an automatic first choice. Whilst thats not too bad for a young player like Nedum, Dunne needs to be palying week in week out - which he wouldn't have been at City anymore.

I definitely agree that he was a victim of Richards in particular last season, but they were both awful and I guess Hughes sees Richards as having potential, whereas Dunne is as good as he's ever going to be now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.