DUNNE and RICHARDS

The defence might not get pulled out of shape as much now Bridge is there. Not a complete solution I know as I think we need a new centre half but I think it will be better

Frank the Yank said:
Isnt Kompany a center back?? i know we need him in midfield but cant we try Vince in the heart of the defense instead of these two out of form players continue to wreck havoc with our defense?
More valuable in midfield imo.

Richards needs a few games on the bench but we have no cover, and Dunne needs relieved of his captain duties and focus on what comes first, not letting goals in.

eato said:
The defence might not get pulled out of shape as much now Bridge is there. Not a complete solution I know as I think we need a new centre half but I think it will be better

Dunne has proved to be a solid centre half in recent seasons. Richards for me has just got too big. When he first arrived on the scene he was quick enough to get out of difficult situations. Now he has bulked up too much, and has been found wanting when trying to get out of the same situations - i think he is actually slower than a year ago and less agile.
For me keep Dunne, let Richards move on....

dazz46 said:
I may piss a lot of people of with this but Dunne was for the last couple of seasons going to become a legend for city unfortunetly he has stayed one season too long and is now becoming a joke,He makes mistake after mistake and is allways out of position.The bigist problem is apparently Hughes cannot see this.
As for Richards he was saying last season his best position is centre half now all of a sudden he thinks he is a better right back ,which i do agree with as he is not good enough to play in the centre because of his lack in concentation.

Someone on another thread said: 'people post any old shite on hear these days'. He's not wrong.

If you dont think its a valid topic why bother reading mammutly ,everyone has views and should be able to express them whether you like it or not.You are obviously still in love with dunne ,which i would say is in the minority now.

dazz46 said:
If you dont think its a valid topic why bother reading mammutly ,everyone has views and should be able to express them whether you like it or not.You are obviously still in love with dunne ,which i would say is in the minority now.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to share the gift of foresight that you and others of your kind seem to posess.....? In brief, how is a person to know if a topic is ' valid', invalid, good, bad or anything unless they read it?

'if I don't think it's a valid topic why bother reading?' Errr....... You're right! I should have stopped before I read it, then I would have known for sure.

I believe these two are good enough to regain a solid defensive partnership, I think they both have unfortunatly suffered a dip in form together which is unusual.
Comparing the side this year form last year where these two were imense i think we had a more defensive minded pairing in johnson and hamman in center midfield which protected the back four much better, than this season in Kompany(great player but learning the position) and elano or Ireland who are much more attacking players leaving the side very un balanced, we have also lost some height through the side with robinho, swp and Zab all small players leaving us exposed!Corluka was also a big influence and solid performer in the side who I feel richards and dunne miss greatly!

I agree in part, Dunnie has been a great servant but it looks like he needs a new start. He was a player of the fans, thats why he got back to back player of the year awards..he put his body on the line when others would not have. My only issue with this is, part of defending comes from good concentration levels for 90mins (or extra times etc) and very very good positional play both of which unfortunately i think Dunnie has never had. He always puts himself in the way, makes last ditch tackles and huffs and puffs himself with grit and passion through a game, the thing is in my opinion the difference between a good defender and a great defender is more the other skills than grit and passion. If he had good positional play he wouldn't have to make those last ditch and sometimes reckless challenges. You then couple this with a young player who has all the physical attributes to be a top top player, moving into a position where he needs to learn off his partner...you can see where im going. Im not blaming Richards form completely on Dunne, that would be a massive presumption to make but i think it has got something to do with it. Micah does not seem to be applying himself either, but again from a far maybe we're all just off the mark and hes going through an early dip in form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.