Dunne to Villa ?

MCFCinUSA said:
Bonol said:
Dunne is a better player than a lot of you are making out. The time you will find out is when hes gone.

I agree with you 100%

he had an awful year last season, but part of this is because of his usual very high standards.

you don't suddenly become an atrocious player overnight; he's still got it in him, and if he does go elsewhere you'll see how he gets on.

I wish people would get off his back, if not for the above, then at least because confidence is a large part of football and this isn't the best way for us to show our support when the chips have been down.

Dunne is up there with the best of our defenders, no question - and I'm as aware as anyone of his mistakes and current poor form.

I'd hate to see him go at this point in time.

I will never understand Dunne's supporters!!

IMHO

1) We will not miss him because a better player will be there
2) He has had two poor seasons and it continues into this one coupled with he has always been mistake prone
3) He's never been an atrocious player, he has always been prone to lapses of concentration and because he lacks the ability to spot situations developing he is a desperation defender
4) People are not on his back just offering our opinion and I for one fully support him when he on the green wearing the blue / black or white

If he is up there with the best "NO QUESTION" but you are aware of his mistakes, then how can he be up there with the best? surely that is a contradiction, or are you saying all the best make as many mistakes as Dunne?

are they going through the whole non top 4 section of the PL?

Dunne going to Spurs
Dunne going to Stoke
Dunne going to Sunderland
Dunne going to Villa?

They just ran out of teams beinning with S

The true S word is Speculation, they KNOW nowt

I don't think this would happen unless we had 2 new defensive signings coming in.

'Artists, even when Richard Dunne is playing.'

From the Times' guide to City pmsl

Can't see this happening and even if it did I imagine Hughes wouldn't let him go until we have another defender confirmed.

smiles said:
I don't think this would happen unless we had 2 new defensive signings coming in.
That's my thought, as yesterday showed with Dunnie and TBH playing most of the game, we are not overloaded with CBs right now and if we let Dunne go I think we would need to bring 2 in(one as a backup).

So that's Martin O Neill and Harry Redknapp inquiring as to health of Mr. Dunne, is it?
Well, that settles it! He must be useless! Those two couldn't recognise a good footballer to save their lives, could they?

Yeah, he had a poor season, last time. And yeah, probably the breaking up of his partnership with Distin has a lot to do with it. (Distin wasn't nicknamed Dozy for nothing, by the way. Dunney saved his bacon at least as many times as the compliment was returned). Dunne was a frightful right back - or did I dream Henry making game of him, time and again, in the firat 30 mins v the arse, one year?

If the money is right (7 or 8 million) let him go; but for five million? Hell no! I'd still sooner have him on the inside of the tent and pissing out than on the outside, pissing in.

villa are after an experienced CB having lost laursen and selling knight, dunne has been suffering form wise for a while and as city are linked with everyone the press are just putting 2 and 2 together and hoping it may come out with 4. dont think there is anything concrete in this at all, imo i'd keep dunne, unfortunately he wouldn't make my first 11 now but what a great back up he'd be! i think he'll stay til jan when he sees his 1st team starts are limited and being 30 will probably decide he needs more action, world cup year an all that. . . . .all just imo!!

Hi i think he should go he has his day and we should do a swap we give them him and they give us ashley young and we will through 7m in

Hughes has spent £94m this summer, £15m of it on Kolo Toure, the centre-half from Arsenal, but he feels that his team still needs strengthening in defence, where he wants to replace Richard Dunne, the club captain and four-times player of the year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/10/manchester-city-matthew-upson-west-ham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... n-west-ham</a>

Looks likely that when either Lescott, Upson or Distin arrive Dunne will be leaving. No smoke without fire as they say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.