Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get this done. If we are ever to play with strikers again, we need at least 2 (plus a backup like Delap), because Pep's whole modus operandi is based on competition within the squad for positions. It would be totally uncharacteristic for City to buy just Vlahovic or Haaland or anyone else, who would then be our only serious option if we wanted to play a formation with a striker. That's not healthy in terms of squad morale, motivation etc. Much better to get a couple of players who can push each other.

So get an offer in on Vlahovic, and then see what can be done about Haaland.

Need to get this done. If we are ever to play with strikers again, we need at least 2 (plus a backup like Delap), because Pep's whole modus operandi is based on competition within the squad for positions. It would be totally uncharacteristic for City to buy just Vlahovic or Haaland or anyone else, who would then be our only serious option if we wanted to play a formation with a striker. That's not healthy in terms of squad morale, motivation etc. Much better to get a couple of players who can push each other.

So get an offer in on Vlahovic, and then see what can be done about Haaland.
We will only buy one, if Torres goes we may buy a another forward but it won’t be a conventional centre forward.

I’m really not sure you can take someones stats at 18/19/20 as a marker for the rest of their career.

if he was 26 and having a 1 off I’d agree with you
Its more the fact no player in world football has kept up those numbers over more than one season, bar Messi & Haaland regardless of age. Remains to be seen if this is a one off or the first of many.

Interview he did for Fiorentina, interviewer asks if he is Ibrahimvoic‘s. Heir and does he stay 2 hours after training to practice free kicks. Replied with this you can see why he would work wonders under pep/work in our team has the right work ethic.

”Football today has become a sport where unless you work on yourself and generally on everything, it’s very hard to stay at a certain level and it’s very hard to succeed I think that work according to me is the most important thing in football, of course so is rest, but to work on yourself but to improve yourself each day also not only in training but by watching games by watching your own games, your opponents games there are plenty of ways for you to improve, I stay on after every training session not only for free kicks I stay to work on everything I can and I think that is one of the preconditions for success, so I will continue that way and try to reach the top level and of course what’s most important when one reaches the top level is to stay there.”

Interview asks do you have a special dietary routine.

“We have a life routine that has become a everyday thing go to training , recovery and sleep, certainly it’s the same about the food the diet I follow a certain regimen because like I said football has reached such a level where every tiny detail matters and must be followed through yes I have some certain menus like I said the routine train eat sleep and so on and on because to be at the top level you must be predestined and focused only on what you’re doing.”

I’m really not sure you can take someones stats at 18/19/20 as a marker for the rest of their career.

if he was 26 and having a 1 off I’d agree with you
I'm sure...you can't...that is absolutely ridiculous...

Interview he did for Fiorentina, interviewer asks if he is Ibrahimvoic‘s. Heir and does he stay 2 hours after training to practice free kicks. Replied with this you can see why he would work wonders under pep/work in our team has the right work ethic.

”Football today has become a sport where unless you work on yourself and generally on everything, it’s very hard to stay at a certain level and it’s very hard to succeed I think that work according to me is the most important thing in football, of course so is rest, but to work on yourself but to improve yourself each day also not only in training but by watching games by watching your own games, your opponents games there are plenty of ways for you to improve, I stay on after every training session not only for free kicks I stay to work on everything I can and I think that is one of the preconditions for success, so I will continue that way and try to reach the top level and of course what’s most important when one reaches the top level is to stay there.”

“We have a life routine that has become a everyday thing go to training , recovery and sleep, certainly it’s the same about the food the diet I follow a certain regimen because like I said football has reached such a level where every tiny detail matters and must be followed through yes I have some certain menus like I said the routine train eat sleep and so on and on because to be at the top level you must be predestined and focused only on what you’re doing.”
You seem a little too taken by all of this. Winning mentality is something all players at the top have. Being early to training, many do and don’t feel the need to tell it around like a trophy — even some pretty mediocre players give their all in hours and training. Good for him that his mind is on the right place, but that’s secondary

Vlahovics over performance in stats is quite similar to Dennis from Watford this season. If Watford would have got 6 penalties this season, and Dennis had taken and scored them all, would we consider him as a worthy Aguero replacement?

Vlahovic is of course, in my opinion, a better player than Dennis. I think he would be a good fit for us, fits the mould of players we usually target, and offers something we are currently missing at a reasonable price. He would be a good signing imo. But lets not pretend he is at Haalands level in ability. Signing Vlahovic could be the missing piece of the puzzle, signing Haaland would be a game changer.

So hes a donky then !:))

This is a tweet I really found interesting having seen a lot of overperforming xG shouts against Vlahohic.
The comparison with Belotti makes me a bit nervous because I do watch a little Seria A because of him and the league is dangerously slow.

We have a decent scouting department so if we eventually go for him, we would be fine because of the chances we create.
I worry about what happens after Pep leaves and we don't have an out of this world striker as we had in Aguero who was unperturbed by who the manager is and just creates goals out of nowhere.

What does xG mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.