Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does xG mean ?

If he's achieving over his xG, the implication is he's having a crazy run of good luck/form that he shouldn't be able to keep up. But it could also mean he's just a very good/efficient finisher who scores a lot of difficult chances.

Remember when Negredo started and had that amazing few months? After his shoulder injury that player never really came back.

If he's achieving over his xG, the implication is he's having a crazy run of good luck/form that he shouldn't be able to keep up. But it could also mean he's just a very good/efficient finisher who scores a lot of difficult chances.

Remember when Negredo started and had that amazing few months? After his shoulder injury that player never really came back.

I think it's important to marry xG with the general xG of the team he's playing so we can see if he's a player that's not really getting into the best areas or if Fiorentina are just a side that just don't create all that many chances.

Fiorentina's xG is 27
City's is 44

That would indicate that if we would be able to replicate a similar chance creation with a striker, which we did with Kun as a focal point, Vlahovic would improve on his numbers currently by some way.

The thing is, at the price Vlahovic would cost, it's not really the same type of gamble as a Haaland. We'd have to be all in on Haaland and bank on him being a superstar whereas a 60m signing of Vlahovic wouldn't be an all or nothing signing.

Not going to pretend I watch him every week like others do, I've seen bits, looks decent enough, has attributes we could find useful but doesn't seem special, just very good. Wouldn't be against signing him but If we missed out on vlahovic and he went to chelsea/liverpool/United next season, we might look on from time to time and think he could have been useful here but I doubt we would dwell on it and the next vlahovic will already be earmarked.

Can't say the same for Haaland, he's already special and got so much improvement to make. If he rocked up at another English club we would be envious on a weekly basis even if we're still successful. We can't allow that to happen no matter what. We're comfortably best placed of the English clubs to lure him, arguably best suited of any club, we have to be throwing everything in the hat to get him here.

Then once he's here we work on him daily until we convince him to drop his slimy agent and we don't have any of the standard Raiola bullshit in 2 seasons time.

Not going to pretend I watch him every week like others do, I've seen bits, looks decent enough, has attributes we could find useful but doesn't seem special, just very good. Wouldn't be against signing him but If we missed out on vlahovic and he went to chelsea/liverpool/United next season, we might look on from time to time and think he could have been useful here but I doubt we would dwell on it and the next vlahovic will already be earmarked.

Can't say the same for Haaland, he's already special and got so much improvement to make. If he rocked up at another English club we would be envious on a weekly basis even if we're still successful. We can't allow that to happen no matter what. We're comfortably best placed of the English clubs to lure him, arguably best suited of any club, we have to be throwing everything in the hat to get him here.

Then once he's here we work on him daily until we convince him to drop his slimy agent and we don't have any of the standard Raiola bullshit in 2 seasons time.
Haaland’s obviously the player everyone wants and is seen as a future Balon d’Or winner, but he’d 2/3 times the cost (factoring in agents fees & his dad) and his wages would be around 400k a week. Plus he’s started getting injuries and isn’t as aerially dominant as you’d expect for a guy his size. Plus, whilst he can score from anywhere, Bundesliga teams give a lot more space to run into (look at Werner for Leipzig vs Chelsea) whereas Vlahovic isn’t reliant on pace and can play against packed defences (which we come up against a lot).

I’d prefer Haaland, obviously, but Vlahovic could be a real quality addition, and the records he’s breaking show that.

This is a tweet I really found interesting having seen a lot of overperforming xG shouts against Vlahohic.
The comparison with Belotti makes me a bit nervous because I do watch a little Seria A because of him and the league is dangerously slow.

We have a decent scouting department so if we eventually go for him, we would be fine because of the chances we create.
I worry about what happens after Pep leaves and we don't have an out of this world striker as we had in Aguero who was unperturbed by who the manager is and just creates goals out of nowhere.

Doesn’t exceeding your xG bode well? He’s out scoring what he should be based on the chances created - clinical & efficient. Suggests in a side creating more, he’d score even better? I don’t get it as a reason to be cautious at face value..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.