Dutch league cancelled | No Champions, No Promotion, No Relegation

I think you are all a bit mean on the Liverpool fans. I think if the season cannot be finished then they should get called something instead of Champions. I thought "The Winners In Truncated Season" could be used. Obviously it is a mouthful to use but it could be abbreviated to go next to their name in the Table and history books.

I would hand them a “Most Likely Winners” award. Or “Points Per Game Champions”

but PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS that’s something only City can be called right now.

Football will not be played before the end of the year , UEFA and the Premier league are setting dates to keep the sponsors at bay , because they will want recompense for the seasons curtailment which will cost millions of pounds/euros , and behind closed doors games are a non starter due to health & safety and insurance issues. We have just as much as the Dippers to lose this season , if not more , we had a great chance of completing another treble but on a personal level it simply doesnt matter , 20k dead and i have been to two funerals in the last month so in the grand scheme of things , football at ths moment in time is an irrelevance.
The Dippers are a desperate bunch , over 30 years of under achievement in the football competition that determines truly great football teams and it is hurting them , they have won a couple of lucky glamour cups but they know true recognition is winning a league title , the media may fawn over them , the headlines might be all about them , but they are absolute failures.

Give them the "Coronavirus Unfinished Nominal Title"
It seems that is the most popular abbreviation but a bit harsh. What about
I would hand them a “Most Likely Winners” award. Or “Points Per Game Champions”

but PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS that’s something only City can be called right now.
It was just a bit of fun but I do think they should have some recognition for their season this year.

It was just a bit of fun but I do think they should have some recognition for their season this year.

You're either Bingo, Fenway Groups Mr Big, Big Nose, McPointy, ikkle Mickey, (look, you've never played the game so your opinion is worth Jack shit) Houghton, King Kenny, (no I'm not pissed ossifer) Saunders, Beglin, (fried chicken, you've got to pass n move) Barnesy or any SKY Sports / BBC news presenter and I claim my £5..

They've had recognition every day of the year from the media sycophants, the only recognition they should get IMO is recognition that the club is a cult and every other club should try and get the shit-pit shut down.

As you can probably tell, I am not a fan of them.

They've had recognition every day of the year from the media sycophants, the only recognition they should get IMO is recognition that the club is a cult and every other club should try and get the shit-pit shut down.

As you can probably tell, I am not a fan of them.
Well we all support Lancashire in the summer so they cannot be all bad. They have played well so deserve some recognition. Perhaps not a parade as the insurance for the bus might be a bit much.

Great name- I've got a lovely Mexico 1970 t-shirt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.