Dutch league cancelled | No Champions, No Promotion, No Relegation

"The Premier League is in discussions with UK rights holders about how best to broadcast the season’s remaining fixtures as the campaign edges closer to a return behind closed doors, the PA news agency understands."

In other words the PL is saying whatever it can to avoid giving the money back.
They are only interested in the money side of things not in the players or supporters

They are only interested in the money side of things not in the players or supporters
Absolutely Kaz. I'm just appalled they have,some of the papers behind them and the rest staying silent. I'm fortunate that my job is such that I can work from home on a computer and aside from the inconvenience of lock down its essentially an improvement to my work- life balance (maybe not the kids education). I realise that for many less fortunate than myself each week of lockdown is a week without money, but with the same bills. The PL, media, uefa and one club in particular seem blind to this - like pigs with their noses buried in a rapidly emptying trough.

Yes the NHS are still using the Etihad and are currently carrying out thousands of tests a day for key workers I know this as I work for the nhs and went for a test myself earlier this week
I thought they’re using the campus rather than the stadium?

We’ve just dug and replaced the pitch at the Etihad.

I think you are all a bit mean on the Liverpool fans. I think if the season cannot be finished then they should get called something instead of Champions. I thought "The Winners In Truncated Season" could be used. Obviously it is a mouthful to use but it could be abbreviated to go next to their name in the Table and history books.

I think you are all a bit mean on the Liverpool fans. I think if the season cannot be finished then they should get called something instead of Champions. I thought "The Winners In Truncated Season" could be used. Obviously it is a mouthful to use but it could be abbreviated to go next to their name in the Table and history books.

I agree, they've been brilliant this season, played the game as it should be played, no kick and rush football, no diving, cheating players, no outside assistance, manipulating results in their favour, no gurning and gnashing of teeth on the touchline, just pure entertainment played by wholly likeable players..!

They most definitely need recognition for this season and although they can't get their hands on the PL trophy, as that still belongs to us, a commemorative shield should be commissioned and presented in a hour long, live BBC TV programme in front of the KOP..

The ratings would be through the roof..!

It fittingly should be inscribed..

Champions Until Next Time Scousers!

The Victims of a Truncated Season title would be a better fit!

But the Dutch have always been a more pragmatic bunch than the rest of Europe put together. Wonder what TheGreatestDutchPlayerThePLHasEverSeen thinks about how his native land is handling this pandemic?

Or the Victory and Recognition award

True, dat. Maybe award them the lid of the trophy....or post them a Subbuteo-sized replica?

s-l1600.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.