Dynamo Kyiv Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
todays game will start the reversal of misfortune. City will win today and win all possible till end of season.

In terms of personnel, the team seems to pretty much pick itself (if I'm up to speed): Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Otamendi, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Yaya, Silva, Sterling, Aguero. Few options with the shape though - 4-2-3-1 with Yaya behind Aguero, more orthodox 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2 with Silva behind Sterling and Aguero?
Only possible leftfield decisions would be to leave Fernando out and play one of the youngsters (though I'm not sure who has travelled), or to bring Mangala straight back in to play with Kompany (which I'd be tempted to do, if he's considered genuinely fit).
At any rate, the only thing I really hope for is to see a genuinely committed performance, both in terms of tactics and the attitude of the players. If we're going to try and keep it tight and play on the break, then do it fucking properly, defend a bit deeper and keep the midfielders as close as possible to the centre halves. If we're going to go out and play, then go balls in for that, get the defenders high up the pitch and look to dominate the ball from start to finish (in which case I probably would leave Fernando out).
As for the players - after they've been granted the privilege of a rest at the weekend, I'd hope to see a properly committed, energetic performance. Anything else would be unforgivable.

Extra insurance at the back, for me. Play 3 centre backs... Mangala in for Sterling. The (expected) physical battle isn't really suited to Raheem's game at all.

Extra insurance at the back, for me. Play 3 centre backs... Mangala in for Sterling. The (expected) physical battle isn't really suited to Raheem's game at all.

Yeah, great shout! Lets just try a new formation we've never used before, and drop out best performer in the Champions League to facilitate it!!

Good luck tonight City..this won't be easy.

Not gonna be exactly a cake walk for the Ukes! They must be wondering which City is gonna turn up and who and how many of our team are gonna turn on sufficient magic to leave them shaking their heads.

It won't be easy but it's gonna be nowhere near impossible. Play as we can, which does seem a distant memory, and we'll win!

You know our defensive issues are down to playing two men in midfield with one of them being non existent when it comes to defending, right? I expect Clichy, Kompany, Otamendi and Zaba will be enough to keep a clean sheet.

Raheem's best performances have been in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.