Dzeko and Negredo partnership

I agree that it doesn't work (apart from Dzekos assist to Negredo for the goal), but what is the manager supposed to do, start with one striker against Blackburn?

I think he must realise it but is a little hamstrung at the moment (no pun intended)! It should have been enough today, but Dzeko doesn't half wear his 'can't be too arsed today' persona, and Negredo has had a couple of off games lately. He's missing his mate, Sergio. And aren't we all!!

The only reason it's being used is because Jovetic and Aguero are both out, preferably we'd play 5 in midfield and push Yaya up but today he wanted to rest him.

They were ok today but should play on their own or off a technical player buzzing around like Kün

Dont think Dzeko is the best partner for anyone tbh, very selfish player. know he got the assist today, but pretty sure that was an attempt at goal. But yeah these two want the same balls and the same spaces, get in each others way, one or the other. Played together 4/5 times now, every game they've been poor together.

Barcon said:
I agree that it doesn't work (apart from Dzekos assist to Negredo for the goal), but what is the manager supposed to do, start with one striker against Blackburn?

Personally I'd have played one up front and Navas. That way Garcia won't get overrun in midfield, you get the best out of the front man, the best out of Silva, and one of the front men get a rest. Absolute no brainer for me.

Pellegrini just seems determined to play two up front from the start no matter how poor we look.

Shaelumstash said:
Barcon said:

Personally I'd have played one up front and Navas. That way Garcia won't get overrun in midfield, you get the best out of the front man, the best out of Silva, and one of the front men get a rest. Absolute no brainer for me.

Pellegrini just seems determined to play two up front from the start no matter how poor we look.

I agree about the partnership not working in general but the two of them did combine to score our only goal. If Zabby or Kolorov was playing we wouldn't be having this conversation IMO.

Needs must, this is why getting the invisible man Jovetic fit is essential.

They're very similar players in terms of their build and presence which makes it more difficult as they both want to operate in the same position. I think with such fixture congestion we should go for one up top and swap them every game, at least until Sergio or Jovetic are fit again. But it's not an impossible partnership at all. They can play together, but there are just more effective systems to utilise them both

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.